Port Jervis Line: Buses Replace Weekday Trains due to Track Work: Monday, September 16 to Friday, December 6, 2019
Beginning Monday, September 16 and continuing until approximately Friday, December 6 – on weekdays only – buses will replace certain Port Jervis Line trains between Harriman and Port Jervis stations due to tie replacement work.
Exceptions Regular holiday early-getaway service will operate on Wednesday, November 27, and regular-weekday service will operate on Friday, November 29. November 28 (Thanksgiving Day) will follow a holiday Rail schedule. There will be no busing on these days.
BUSES WILL REPLACE TRAINS AS FOLLOWS | SEPTEMBER 16 TO DECEMBER 6
- Trains 58, 62, 64 and 66 will be replaced by buses between Port Jervis and Harriman.
- Trains 43, 45, 47 and 49 will be replaced by buses between Harriman and Middletown/Port Jervis.
- Buses to Harriman Station will depart each station at the regular train times and will operate directly to Harriman. Trains will not depart Harriman until all buses have arrived.
- Exception: The bus at Salisbury Mills will depart at the regular-train time but will operate to Route 17 Station where connecting service will be available.
- AtHarriman, buses to all stations will hold until the trains arrive.
- A bus will also operate between Port Jervis and Harriman to support local travel between the stations.
We thank you for your understanding during this essential infrastructure renewal work.
For more information and language assistance, please contact NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.