Montclair-Boonton Line: Buses Replace Trains Between Glen Ridge and Bay Street Stations - Weekend - September 21-22, 2019
On Saturday, September 21 to Sunday, September 22, NJ TRANSIT buses will replace Montclair-Boonton Line trains between Glen Ridge and Bay Street stations to support the Bloomfield Avenue bridge-replacement project.
Click HERE for substitue busing schedule.
Customers requiring accessible services may see below for accessible travel options to/from Bay Street Station.*
Weekend | September 21-22
- Traveling TO Bay Street Station: Customers will travel by train to Glen Ridge Station and will then transfer to buses to Bay Street Station.
- At Glen Ridge, customers will board buses at a temporary stop on Ridgewood Avenue in front of the train station (same location marked for local jitney stop).
- Buses willarrive at Bay Street Station later than the usual train times.
- Traveling FROM Bay Street Station: Customers will board buses at Bay Street Station (on the cul-de-sac in front of the station). Buses will then transport customers to Glen Ridge Station. At Glen Ridge Station, customers will then board trains to continue their trips.
- IMPORTANT: Buses will depart from Bay Street Station EARLIER than the usual train times. Please arrive early, and allow for extra travel time.
- Trains will depart Glen Ridge at the regular train times.
During this outage, Bay Street Stationcustomersmay wish to utilize Glen Ridge or Bloomfield stations on the Montclair-Boonton Line or nearby stations on the Morristown Line. (REMINDER: If traveling on the Morristown Line, customers traveling to/from New York must remain on the train at Newark Broad Street Station while those traveling to/from Hoboken must change trains at Newark Broad Street Station).
At all other Montclair-Boonton Line stations, train service will operate normally.
*ATTENTION CUSTOMERS REQUIRING ACCESSIBLE SERVICES
Traveling from Bay Street Station
- Board Bus Nos. 11, 28 or 29 at the Bloomfield/Maple Avenue bus stop (from Bay Street Station, travel on Pine Street toward BloomfieldAvenue) for travel to Newark Broad Street Station. To make connections to regular trains at Newark Broad Street Station, customers will need to board busesapproximately 20-45 minutes earlier than the normal train times. Click HERE for suggested boarding times.
- Note: Customers requiring accessible services traveling to/from New York can use Bus Nos. 11, 28 and 29 at times other than those shown in the suggsted boarding times to connect with hourly Midtown Direct service at Newark Broad Street.
- At Newark Broad Street Station, cross University Avenue and head across the plaza to the train station. At the station, transfer to trains on the center-island platform (to Dover/Montclair). Normally, the New York-bound train will be on Track 1 and the Hoboken-bound train is on Track 3, but please check destination signs on trains and/or with crews prior to boarding.
IMPORTANT: Customers must show their tickets/passes to the bus operator and then retain them for travel on board trains.
Traveling from New York/Hoboken/Newark Broad Street to Bay Street
- From the start of service until the 10:11 p.m. departurefromNew York/8:08 p.m. departure from Hoboken, please note the following:
- Board train at New York/Hoboken as usual.
- At Newark Broad Street, exit the train. If starting your travel at Newark Broad Street, do not board the train.
- Go to the northbound bus stop on Broad Street (across from Newark Broad Street station), and board any Bus No. 11, 28 or 29. Exit bus at the BloomfieldAvenue/Pine Street stop.
- For the 11:11 p.m. departure from New York/11:08p.m. departure from Hoboken, the 12:34 a.m. departure from New York, and the 1:19 a.m. departure from New York/1:17 a.m. departure from Hoboken:
- An Access Link vehicle will be parked near Broad Street Station. Present your ticket/pass to the operator for travel to Bay Street Station.
IMPORTANT: Customers traveling to Bay Street must retain their train tickets in order to board buses or Access Link vehicles. Customer service ambassadors will be on hand to direct customers.
Please note: This project is weather dependent. Please check Travel Alerts & Advisories for potential updates.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
For more information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p m. daily.