Pascack Valley Line: Buses Replace Trains due to Grade Crossing Repairs and Utility & Maintenance Work - Sunday, July 7 to Saturday, August 24, 2019
UPDATE: Pascack Valley Line to resume regular Rail service Sunday, August 25. Click HERE for more information.
Beginning on Sunday, July 7 and continuing until Saturday, August 24, Pascack Valley Line (PVL) trains will be replaced by buses on certain dates and times as follows. Note: To avoid service delays during this time, PVL customers may wish to travel via the Main/Bergen County lines. Customers can also use their tickets/passes to travel on Coach USA/Rockland Coaches Bus No. 11A (to/from Port Authority) and Saddle River Tours Bus No. 11C (to/from George Washington Bus Terminal).
Click HERE for Weekend Schedules.
Click HERE for Weekday Schedules.
WEEKENDS – Entire service day | July 7, 13-14, 20-21, 27-28, August 3-4, 10-11, 17-18 and 24
No trains will operate. Local and New York State express buses will operate between Spring Valley and Secaucus (New York State express buses make no local stops in New Jersey).
- Train 69 (normally the 12:40 a.m. departure from Hoboken) will depart Hoboken 5 minutes later at 12:45 a.m. PVL customers traveling from Hoboken and looking to connect with the last substitute bus from Secaucus will use Train 69.
- Teterboro Station customers: The last outbound bus of the night will stop at Teterboro ONLY by request.
- PVL customers who normally use their monthly or weekly passes to travel to/from stations in New York State will have their passes cross-honored on the Hudson Line for travel to Grand Central Terminal.
WEEKDAYS – 8:45 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. | Monday, July 8 to Friday, August 23
No trains will operate. Buses will operate in two sections:
- Between Spring Valley and Secaucus, buses will operate non-stop between New Bridge Landing and Secaucus.
- Between New Bridge Landing and Secaucus, buses will make all stops except Teterboro.
- Teterboro customers must use NJ TRANSIT’s Bus Route No. 161, which stops at Industrial Avenue and Rt. 46.
- NOTE:For Train 1622, buses will operate in three sections:
- A New York State express bus will operate from Spring Valley to Secaucus (no local stops in New Jersey).
- From Montvale to Secaucus, buses will operate non-stop from New Bridge Landing to Secaucus.
- From New Bridge Landing to Secaucus, buses will make all stops except Teterboro.
- Shuttle trains – operating between Secaucus and Hoboken only – will provide connections to/from select bus trips. For other trips, customers will use existing Main/Bergen County and Port Jervis lines trains between Secaucus and Hoboken.
- Connecting service between Secaucus and New York will operate normally; however, connections to/from buses may differ from the normal connections between PVL trains and trains to/from New York.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
For more information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.