NJ TRANSIT Rail Service for Memorial Day Weekend - Friday, May 24 to Monday, May 27, 2019
NJ TRANSIT will operate extra rail service during the Memorial Day weekend as detailed below. For complete rail schedule information, use the Station-to-Station Trip Planner features HERE or see printable schedules HERE.
Early Getaway Service - Friday, May 24: Trains will operate on a weekday schedule on all lines with additional “early getaway” service from New York Penn Station, Newark Penn Station and Hoboken Terminal starting at 1 p.m. on the Northeast Corridor (NEC), North Jersey Coast Line (NJCL), Raritan Valley Line (RVL), Morris & Essex Lines (M&E), Pascack Valley Line (PVL) and Port Jervis Line.
Getaway trains are shown on public timetables and printable schedules as follows:
Northeast Corridor (NEC): Please refer to the Revised May 12, 2019 Timetable, which shows early getaway additions and cancellations for May 24
All other lines: Please refer to Effective October 14, 2018 timetables
- Trains noted as “Runs 11/21 and 12/21 only” will also operate on 5/24
- Trains noted as “Except 11/21 and 12/21” will not operate on 5/24
Special printable NEC schedules, found HERE, show all service leaving New York/Newark after 12 p.m., including added Secaucus and Newark Airport stops.
Northeast Corridor (NEC) Getaway
- Five extra trains depart New York between 1 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
- Trains 3723 (4:28 p.m. departure from New York and 4:45 p.m. departure from Newark Penn Station) and 3165 (4:50 p.m. departure from New York and 5:10 p.m. departure from Newark Penn Station) add Newark Airport stops this day.
- Trains 3867 (5:20 p.m. from New York), 3955 (5:42 p.m. from New York) and 3961 (6:39 p.m. from New York) are cancelled.
- Train 3957 (6:01 p.m. from New York) adds a Secaucus stop this day.
North Jersey Coast Line (NJCL) Getaway
- Two extra trains depart New York:
- Train 8249 at 2:33 p.m. (express EWR-Woodbridge)
- Train 8353 at 3:24 p.m. (express Newark Penn-Matawan)
- Train 3255 (3:45 p.m. departure from New York and 4:01 p.m. departure from Newark Penn Station) adds a Newark Airport stop this day.
- Train 3373 (6:03 p.m. from New York) is cancelled.
Raritan Valley Line (RVL) Getaway
- Extra Train 8529 departs Newark at 3:34 p.m. and makes all stops to Raritan.
- Trains 5743 and 5445 are combined as Train 8545, which departs Newark at 6:33 p.m. and makes all stops to High Bridge.
Morris & Essex Lines (M&E) Getaway
Trains 8935, 8939, and 8941 on May 24, 2019
- Train 8935 departs New York at 2:26 p.m. and makes all stops to Dover except Secaucus, East Orange, Highland Avenue, Mountain Station and Mount Tabor.
- Train 8939 departs New York at 3:12 p.m. and makes all stops to Summit except Secaucus.
- Train 8941 departs New York at 3:49 p.m., stops at South Orange and Maplewood, and then operates express to Chatham. FromChatham, this train makes all stops to Dover except Mount Tabor.
Main/Bergen County/Port Jervis Getaway
- Train 49 continues to Otisville and Port Jervis this day (and is renumbered as Train 99).
- Train 59 is cancelled.
Pascack Valley Line (PVL) Getaway
- Train 1653 continues to Spring Valley this day, making additional stops at River Edge, Hillsdale, Pearl River, Nanuet and Spring Valley. It is renumbered as Train 9653.
- Train 1633 (5:58 p.m. from Hoboken and 6:09 p.m. from Secaucus) is cancelled this day.
Saturday, May 25, Sunday, May 26, and Monday May 27
North Jersey Coast Line (NJCL)
- Hourly service will operate throughout the day in both directions between Long Branch and Bay Head, with connection at Long Branch to Newark & New York
ALL OTHER LINES
- All other NJT Rail Lines will operate on a regular weekend schedule.
For more information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.