UPDATE: North Jersey Coast Line: Amtrak Penn Station Work Prompts NJ TRANSIT Service Changes - Beginning June 17, 2019
Click HERE for information on the restoration of service.
Beginning June 17, NJ TRANSIT will be temporarily diverting one North Jersey Coast Line train to Hoboken in order to accommodate vital Amtrak repair work that will take two tracks at Penn Station New York (PSNY) out of service. Please see below for impacts to specific trains and suggested alternates.
Click HERE for NJCL printable timetable.
A.M. peak period PSNY arrivals diverted to Hoboken arrivals:
NJCL 3216, currently arrives at PSNY 7:30 a.m., will arrive at Hoboken at 7:28 a.m. and be renumbered 2602. Customers may utilize the following:
- 3212, the 5:44 a.m. out of Long Branch or
- 3318, 5:40 a.m. departure from Bay Head.
- Customers may also deboard at Newark Penn Station and take either NEC into PSNY or stay onboard NJCL 3216 to Hoboken.
P.M. peak period PSNY departures diverted to Hoboken departures:
NJCL 3269, currently departs PSNY at 5:46 p.m., will depart Hoboken 5:43 p.m. and be renumbered 2611. Alternate travel options for all customers except those traveling to Avenel and Perth Amboy include:
- 3267, the 5:33 p.m. departure from PSNY or
- 3373, the 6:03 p.m. departure from PSNY
Avenel and Perth Amboy customers should use:
- 3513, the 5:25 p.m. departure from PSNY or
- 3271, the 5:55 p.m. departure from PSNY
Customers may also travel on a Northeast Corridor train and board an NJCL train at Newark Penn Station.
For more information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.