Montclair-Boonton Line: Buses Replace Trains Between Glen Ridge and Bay Street Stations - Weekends - March 23 - 24 and 30 - 31, 2019
During the weekend of Saturday, March 23 and Sunday, March 24 and again during the weekend of Saturday, March 30 and Sunday, March 31, buses will replace trains between Glen Ridge and Bay Street stations to support the Bloomfield Avenue bridge-replacement project as follows:
Customers with disabilities who require accessible services should see information on accessible options below*.
Weekends | March 23 - March 24 AND March 30 - March 31
Click HERE for schedule.
- Traveling TO Bay Street Station: Customers will travel by train to Glen Ridge Station and will then transfer to buses to Bay Street Station.
- At Glen Ridge, customers will board buses at a temporary stop on Ridgewood Avenue in front of the train station (same location marked for local jitney stop).
- Buses will arrive at Bay Street Station later than the usual train times.
- Traveling FROM Bay Street Station: Customers will board buses at Bay Street Station (on the cul-de-sac in front of thestation). Buses will then transport customers to Glen Ridge Station. At Glen Ridge Station, customers will then board trains to continue their trips.
- IMPORTANT: Buses will depart from Bay Street Station EARLIER than the usual train times. Pleasearrive early, and allow for extra travel time.
- Trains will depart Glen Ridge at the regular train times.
During this outage, Bay Street Station customers may wish to utilize Glen Ridge or Bloomfield stations on the Montclair-Boonton Line or nearby stations on the Morristown Line. (REMINDER: If traveling on the Morristown Line, customers traveling to/from New York must remain on the train at Newark Broad Street Station while those traveling to/from Hoboken must change trains at Newark Broad Street Station).
At all other Montclair-Boonton Line stations, train service will operate normally.
Please note: This project is weather dependent. Please check Travel Alerts & Advisories for updates.
*For customers requiring accessible services traveling from Bay Street
- Board NJ TRANSIT No. 11, 28 or 29 buses at the Bloomfield/Maple Avenue bus stop (from Bay Street Station, travel on Pine Street toward Bloomfield Avenue) for travel to Newark Broad Street Station. To make connections to their regular trains at Newark Broad Street stations, customers will need to board buses approximately 20-45 minutes earlier than the normal train times. Suggested boarding times are shown below.
- At Newark Broad Street, cross University Avenue and head across the plaza to the train station. At the station, transfer to trains on the center island platform (to Dover/Montclair). Normally, the New York-bound train is on Track 1 and the Hoboken-bound train is on Track 3, but please check destination signs on trains and/or with crews prior to boarding.
IMPORTANT: Customers must show their tickets/passes to the bus operator, then retain them for travel on board trains.
*For customers requiring accessible services traveling from New York/Hoboken/Newark Broad Street to Bay Street
- From the start of service until the 10:11 p.m. departure from New York/8:08 p.m. departure from Hoboken:
- Board train in New York/Hoboken as usual
- At Newark Broad Street, exit the train. If starting your travel at Newark Broad Street, do not board the train.
- Go the northbound bus stop on Broad Street (across from Newark Broad Street station) and board any NJ TRANSIT No. 11, 28 or 29 bus. Exit bus at the Bloomfield Avenue/Pine Street stop.
- For the 11:11 p.m. departure from New York/11:08p.m. departure from Hoboken and the 1:19 a.m. departure from New York/1:17 a.m. departure from Hoboken:
- An Access Link vehicle will be parked near Broad Street Station. Additional information will be provided during the week of March 18. Present your ticket/pass to the operator for travel to Bay Street Station. Customer service ambassadors will be on hand to direct customers.
IMPORTANT: Customers traveling to Bay Street must retain their train tickets in order to board buses or Access Link vehicles.
Click HERE for suggested boarding times for customers requiring accessible services.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
For more information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.