| | The Homepage Trip Planner will find the fastest trips within a one mile walking distance of your origin and destination.
To begin, enter your starting address or boarding location (e.g. station or park & ride name). If you start typing a station name or park & ride location, the Trip Planner will suggest locations. You can select these by pressing Enter or Tab. You can also enter any street address or intersection. Be sure to include your city and state. Commas are acceptable, but are not required.
If you prefer to use a particular travel mode (e.g. "rail only," "bus only," etc.), simply select the appropriate button.
You can adjust the date and time to plan a future trip, if desired.
To plan an ADA-accessible trip, check the box next to the word "Accessible."
To plan a trip using other settings, including shorter walking distances and fewer transfers, please use our Advanced Trip Planner by clicking "Advanced."
Select Northern NJ Bus Routes: Special Holiday Schedules Beginning Thanksgiving Week, Thursday, November 22, 2018
November 07, 2018
Special Bus schedules will operate on Thanksgiving Day and the day after Thanksgiving (November 22 and 23). Extra service will also operate weekends and weekdays between Thanksgiving and Christmas on select routes with heavier ridership than normal and will cover some extended mall hours.
Please check the Bus Service Holiday Guide (schedule coming soon) and the Holiday Service Guide on your bus route’s timetable for more information.
Thursday, November 22 (Thanksgiving Day):
- Most NJ TRANSIT bus routes will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- The following bus routes will have special holiday schedules: Nos. 11, 21, 28, 29, 34, 40, 70, 71, 73, 92, 94, 111, 113, 114, 130, 137, 139, 193, 196, 704 and 712.
- Bus Nos. 163, 164, 171, 175 and 770 will be operating on a Saturday schedule to provide service to/from Garden State Plaza when the mall is open from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day.
- Selected routes will not operate on Thanksgiving Day.
- The following bus routes will operate extra bus service to/from New York for the parade:
- Bus Route Nos. 113, 114, 123, 130, 137, 139, 158, 159, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 190, 191, 192, 195, 197 and 320
- Inbound extra service will operate between 8 a.m. and noon.
- Outbound extra service will operate from noon through early evening.
- Extra service will operate 3-5 minutes ahead of regular scheduled trips. Customers should arrive at their boarding location at least 10 minutes earlier than the departure time.
Friday, November 23:
- For NJ TRANSIT local bus service, please see public timetable or website for schedules.
- Most Port Authority and Jersey City Waterfront bus services will operate on a special holiday schedule due to reduced AM and PM peak demands.
Weekdays, Saturdays and Sundays between Thanksgiving and Christmas:
- The following routes will have extra service based upon higher ridership demands and extended mall hours of the day. Please check the Bus Service Holiday Guide (schedule coming soon) for more information:
- Nos. 11, 40, 73, 79, 85, 123, 161, 163,192, 198, 704, 709, 712 and 748.
Customers are encouraged to use our Trip Planner for schedule information. Customers who do not have Internet access may visit an NJ TRANSIT Customer Service office to obtain a printout of the schedule.
Travel Tips and Reminders:
- Click HERE before starting your trip for service advisories or alerts that may affect your trip.
- Please allow extra travel time during the holiday period due to heavier than normal passenger demand and traffic congestion into and out of New York City. Heavy travel times are between 9 a.m. and noon (inbound) and between 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. (outbound).
- Travel during off-peak hours: inbound before 9 a.m. or after noon; outbound before 4 p.m.
- On full-service bus routes, remember that no bills over $20 are accepted. Exact change is always appreciated.
- Customers departing Port Authority Bus Terminal are reminded that tickets/passes are required before boarding the bus.
- Purchase round trip tickets in advance on-board your inbound trip or prior to leaving the terminal to speed your return trip.
- Customers traveling with large luggage or baby strollers should use undercarriage storage compartments on buses when available. Please ask your bus operator for assistance when using undercarriage storage compartments
For more information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.