Northeast Corridor: Additional Service Adjustments to Advance Positive Train Control (PTC) - Beginning Sunday, October 14, 2018
Ten-percent discount on NJ TRANSIT rail fares for travel in November, December and January
To continue accelerating the installation of the federally-mandated Positive Train Control (PTC) equipment on its rail fleet to meet federal year-end milestones, NJ TRANSIT is making a final set of rail service adjustments.
Beginning Sunday, October 14, some trains will be temporarily discontinued or have changes of origin/destination impacting customers along the Northeast Corridor, North Jersey Coast Line, Morris & Essex, Montclair-Boonton and the Main and Bergen County lines. Other trains throughout the system will have schedule and/or station stop adjustments. These schedule adjustments are temporary with the restoration of regular service anticipated in mid-January 2019.
Northeast Corridor (NEC)
INBOUND to Newark/New York (temporarily discontinued)
Train 3832, the 10:42 a.m. arrival at PSNY from Trenton
- Alternate trains for Rahway-PSNY: Train 3722 departs Jersey Ave. at 9:25 a.m. and makes additional stops at Rahway, Linden and Elizabeth. North Jersey Coast Line Train 3232 departs Long Branch at 9:13 a.m. and makes an additional stop at North Elizabeth at 10:24 a.m.
- Alternate trains forlocal travel: Train 3934 departs Trenton at 8:56 a.m. with transfer to Train 3722 at New Brunswick. Train 3834 departs Trenton at 9:52 a.m.
OUTBOUND from Newark/New York (temporarily discontinued)
Train 3703, the 6:04 a.m. departure from PSNY to New Brunswick
- Alternate train is Train 3815 which departs PSNY at 6:11 a.m. to Trenton (does not stop at Jersey Avenue)
- For Jersey Avenue service, Train 3701 at 5:41 a.m. from PSNY or Train 3705 at 6:31 a.m.
Train 3857, the 3:42 p.m. departure from PSNY to Trenton
- Alternate trains for Newark Airport-Rahway: Train 3509 departs PSNY at 3:20 p.m. Train 3595 will depart PSNY at 3:57 p.m.
- Alternate trains for Metropark-Trenton: Train 3855 departs PSNY at 3:30 p.m. Later option for Metropark-Jersey Ave is Train 3721, which departs PSNY at 4:07 p.m. Later option for Princeton Junction, Hamilton and Trenton is Train 3943, which departs PSNY at 4:13 p.m.
- Buses will replace all Princeton Dinky rail service on weekdays and weekends. Buses will depart Princeton Station 15 minutes prior to the scheduled train departure time. View schedule HERE.
Please visit njtransit.com/ptc for project updates and a complete list of service adjustments by rail line.
Important Note: Customers are strongly encouraged to view the rail timetables for all travel options as schedule adjustments, including departure/arrival times and station stops, will be made throughout the system.
We apologize for any inconvenience, and thank you for your patience. For information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30 a.m.
and 5 p.m. daily.