Pascack Valley Line: NJ TRANSIT Adjusts Weekday Schedules for Positive Train Control Installation - Beginning Monday, June 4, 2018
NJ TRANSIT continues installation of Positive Train Control (PTC) equipment on its rail fleet. To accommodate this critical safety upgrade, weekday rail schedules are being adjusted to allow for hardware components to be installed on locomotives and cab cars.
Beginning Monday, June 4th, some trains will be temporarily discontinued or have changes of origin/destination. This will impact customers along the Northeast Corridor, North Jersey Coast Line, Morris & Essex Lines and Pascack Valley Line.
Other trains throughout the system will have schedule and/or station stop adjustments. These schedule adjustments are temporary and will be restored in early 2019.
Click HERE for Pascack Valley Line schedule effective June 3.
Customers may also view the printable schedules HERE for travel options.
PASCACK VALLEY LINE TRAINS TEMPORARILY DISCONTINUED:
- Train 1618, the 7:59 a.m. departure from Spring Valley to Hoboken. (Metro-North express)
- Earlier option departs Spring Valley at 7:37 a.m.
- Train 1620 moves 5 minutes earlier to depart Spring Valley 4 minutes later than the discontinued 1618. Metro-North customers arrive in Hoboken 13 minutes later than the current 1618.
- Train 1639, the 7:20 p.m. departure (M-TH) from Hoboken to Spring Valley (Metro-North express)
- Earlier option departs at 6:48 p.m.
- Later option departs at 7:29 p.m.
Note: Train 9653 which currently operates only on Friday afternoons and before specific holidays (departing Hoboken at 2:58 p.m.) will operate only on 7/3, 8/31, 11/21, 12/21. On those dates, train 1633 (departing Hoboken at 5:58 p.m.) will not operate.
We apologize for any inconvenience, and thankyou for your patience.
For more information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.