UPDATE: Princeton Junction & Hamilton Station: Temporary Boarding Changes Due to Track Work - Effective Immediately
UPDATE for Friday, February 28 to Monday, March 2: Low-level boarding will occur from 10PM Friday until 5AM Monday. During this time, these stations will NOT be ADA accessible. See below for travel options.
For weekend of Friday, February 28 to Monday, March 2 only, customers requiring accessible services should note the following update:
- Customers traveling to Princeton Junction/Hamilton from the east (e.g., New York, Newark, New Brunswick, etc.) must remain on the train to Trenton and take an eastbound train back to Hamilton or Princeton Junction.
- Customers boarding at Princeton Junction/Hamilton and traveling toward Trenton, SEPTA, etc., must take an eastbound train to New Brunswick and then transfer to a Trenton-bound train.
See below for general information.
Note: This project may be impacted by weather. See Travel Alerts & Advisories for potential updates.
Effective immediately and continuinguntil approximately Monday, March 2, track improvement work will occurat Princeton Junction and Hamilton Station.
During this time, Track 4 will be out of service at both stations. Westbound (outbound) trains will board and alight on alternate tracks using special extended platforms. Whenthis occurs, there may be slightly longer station stopsand minor delays due to the precise position of trains with the extended platforms.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR ADA CUSTOMERS
Customers using the westbound platforms will be required to use low-level platforms on certain weekends (Updates will be posted as needed). When this occurs, these stations will NOT be ADA accessible.
Customers requiring accessible services should consider utilizing nearby accessible stations such as New Brunswick or the Trenton Transit Center. Please see red notes above for updated travel options for the weekend of Friday, February 28 to Monday, March 2 only. Please note the following general alternate travel options.
- If traveling TO Hamilton from points west (e.g., Trenton), remain on the train to New Brunswick Station and then transfer to a westbound train back to Hamilton.
- If traveling FROM Hamilton to points east (e.g., Newark/New York), board a westbound train at Hamilton and then transfer at Trenton to an eastbound train to your destination.
- If traveling TO Princeton Junction from points west (e.g., Trenton), remain on the train to New Brunswick Station, then transfer to a westbound trainto Princeton Junction.
- If traveling FROM Princeton Junction to points east (e.g., Newark/New York), board a westbound train at Princeton Junction and then transfer at Trenton to an eastbound train to your destination.
Please visit the Accessible Services webpage for further ADA travel options. See Rail Timetables for train schedules.
Please allow for extra travel time, listen to station announcements and check the destination sign before boarding. For your safety, do not travel through barricaded areas.
We appreciate your patience during this important enhancement work.
For more information and language assistance, please callNJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.