PTC-Absecon Rail Station: Important Travel Options & Service Changes on ACRL due to Positive Train Control Work - Beginning Wednesday, September 5, 2018
Beginning Wednesday, September 5 and continuing until early 2019, NJ TRANSIT will continue the installation of Positive Train Control (PTC) equipment on our rail fleet throughout the state.
To accommodate this critical safety upgrade, all service on the Atlantic City Rail Line (ACRL) will be temporarily suspended beginning Wednesday, September 5. Throughout this period, ACRL customers will have alternate travel options with discounted fares. All ACRL rail tickets and passes will be discounted 25 percent.
TO Egg Harbor City, Hammonton, Atco, and Lindenwold
NJ TRANSIT buses do not enter the station. The bus stop location is on Station Avenue at US 30 (MyBus #10035)
NJ TRANSIT Bus No. 340 AC RAIL/Lindenwold
- No. 340 will provide express service to Egg Harbor City and Lindenwold stations. Rail passes/tickets will be cross-honored on this line.
NJ TRANSIT Bus No. 554 TO Lindenwold
- This route will provide service to all AC Rail Stations between Atlantic City and Lindenwold. Rail passes/tickets will be cross-honored on this line.
PATCO TO Philadelphia
- Take NJ TRANSIT Bus Nos. 340 or 554 to Lindenwold Station.
- Access PATCO via the main entrance.
- Show your Philadelphia/AC rail pass or ticket to a representative at the turnstiles to gain access to the station.
- Exit the PATCO train at the 8th & Market Streets Station in Philadelphia and show your Philadelphia/AC Rail pass or surrender your one way ticket to a representative at the turnstiles to exit PATCO.
- Follow signs in the station to SEPTA Market-Frankford Line for service to 30th Street Station.
- Please note that AC Rail passes and tickets will ONLY be accepted at the PATCO 8th and Market streets Station.
TO Atlantic City
NJ TRANSIT buses do not enter the station. The bus stop location is on US 30 at Station Avenue (MyBus #10013)
NJ TRANSIT Bus No. 340 AC RAIL/ATLANTIC CITY
- No. 340 will provide express service to the Atlantic City Bus Terminal. Passes and tickets will be cross-honored on this line.
NJ TRANSIT Bus No. 554 TO ATLANTIC CITY
- This route will provide service to Atlantic City. Rail passes and tickets will be cross-honored on this line.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
For more information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.