You can travel to Philadelphia from many locations in New Jersey. Atlantic City Rail Line trains operate between Atlantic City, NJ and Philadelphia's 30th Street Station, with connections to River LINE at Pennsauken Transit Center. Get station and parking information for your nearby rail station or use our online trip planner for specific schedule and fare information.
NJ TRANSIT provides bus service to Center City destinations including Market Street, Greyhound Bus Terminal and on weekdays at 30th Street Station. These bus lines provide convenient access to:
- City Hall
- Comcast Center (weekdays only, see 414/417/555 - Center City Connector timetable)
- Drexel University (weekdays only, see 414/417/555 - Center City Connector timetable)
- Jefferson Station (SEPTA)
- One Liberty Place (weekdays only, see 414/417/555 - Center City Connector timetable)
- Philadelphia Convention Center
- Suburban Station (SEPTA)
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- William J. Green Federal Building
Take direct bus service or connect from local buses for a convenient way to Center City destinations. Express and local bus service operates from many New Jersey locations including:
- Atlantic City - Atlantic City Bus Terminal
- Blackwood - Gloucester Premium Outlets
- Camden - Walter Rand Transportation Center
- Cherry Hill Mall
- Hammonton - Farley Service Plaza on Atlantic City Expressway
- Maple Shade
- Mt. Holly
- Pennsauken - Pennsauken Transit Center (Free Parking)
- Sicklerville - Avandale Park & Ride (Free Parking)
- Willingboro - Willingboro Town Center
NFL Draft - April 27-29
Heading to Philadelphia for the NFL Draft April 27-29? Don’t Draft & Drive! Get there on NJ TRANSIT's Atlantic City Rail Line, which provides rail service directly to 30th Street Station in Philadelphia or take Northeast Corridor rail service to Trenton Transit Center and connect with SEPTA rail service. NJ TRANSIT also provides bus service to Center City Philadelphia from many local communities. For more information on NFL Draft events, visit iseptaphilly.com/nfldraft.
Plan your trip
To get started, visit our Trip Planner for schedules and fare options for your bus or train trip plus connections with other NJ TRANSIT, SEPTA and PATCO services.
- The NJ TRANSIT Mobile App offers more ways to purchase your ticket or pass. Use MyTix, a feature of the app, to buy and display most tickets or passes on your mobile device. For ticket details, visit njtransit.com/mytix
- Traveling by train? Purchase two one-way tickets for your round-trip transportation prior to boarding the train. A $5 surcharge applies to tickets purchased on board if ticket vending machines or ticket agents are available.
- If you are taking the bus, purchase tickets from Ticket Vending Machines (TVMs) at major bus terminals or you may pay the fare on the bus. Most local buses require exact change in coins or $1 bills.