Know Before You Go
NJ TRANSIT is the fast, easy way to travel to entertainment events at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center (NJ PAC). Located at the corner of Park Place and Center Street in Newark, take convenient Newark Light Rail service from either Newark Penn Station or Newark Broad Street Station to NJ PAC/ Center Street Station. NJ PAC is about five blocks from either Newark Penn Station or Newark Broad Street Station with dozens of bus routes providing service in the area or to the rail stations.
Where Are You Traveling From?
The first step in planning your trip is to determine where to begin your travel. If you're new to NJ TRANSIT, learn about park-n-ride options, or station details for the closest station to your home or work by visiting our Station Information Page
Parking at many rail stations is extremely limited on weekdays until about 6 p.m. If you are traveling before that time, you may wish to have someone drop you off at the nearest station, or use a station with a large parking facility such as:
Newark Penn Station to NJ PAC
The New Jersey Performing Arts Center is just one stop away from Newark Penn Station on the Newark Light Rail to NJ PAC/ Center Street Station.
Newark Broad Street Station to NJ PAC
The New Jersey Performing Arts Center is two stops away from Newark Broad Street Station on the Newark Light Rail to NJ PAC/ Center Street Station.
Newark Light Rail Convenience
Light rail service operates approximately every ten minutes in the evening and every 15-20 minutes late night and on weekends. The one-way light rail fare is $1.35. Tickets must be purchased from Ticket Vending Machines at light rail stations and time-stamped immediately prior to boarding.
- Newark Broad Street Station - Newark Broad Street Station does not offer accessible boarding for customers with mobility devices. Customers on the Morris & Essex or Montclair-Boonton lines who require an elevator to access street level should travel to Secaucus Junction and transfer to a train to Newark Penn Station. (Elevators will be installed in Newark Broad Street Station in 2008.)
- Newark Penn Station - NJ TRANSIT offers direct service on the Newark Light Rail from Newark Penn Station to NJ PAC. Prudential Center is just one stop away.
- To save time, buy your return trip ticket before traveling to NJ PAC.
- Valid weekly/monthly passes are accepted for free travel on connecting light rail service, as well as bus service in Newark.
- Customers using rail tickets to Newark Penn or Newark Broad Street stations must purchase light rail tickets separately for travel on the Newark Light Rail. All buses serving Downtown Newark require exact fare. If you are not using a rail pass to travel on connecting bus service, be sure to check to determine the fare prior to traveling.
- Purchase your rail ticket prior to boarding the train. A $5 surcharge applies to tickets purchased onboard if ticket vending machines or ticket agents are available.
How to Ride NJ TRANSIT
More than 865,000 passengers ride NJ TRANSIT every day! Riding is easy as long as you know the basics. For travel tips and important information for riding NJ TRANSIT trains, buses, or light rail, click here.