Start your career with NJ TRANSIT as a Full-Time Bus Operator!
- ✔ Hourly rate up to $28.16
- ✔ Exceptional medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- ✔ Paid time off
- ✔ Pension plan plus 457 tax-deferred savings plan
- ✔ Life insurance
|NJ TRANSIT Benefits
||The Road to NJ TRANSIT
||Best part of my Job
||NJ TRANSIT Team Spirit
Get the details
- Join a respected and nationally recognized team of men and women making a difference right in your community.
- Enjoy stable employment with growth opportunities.
- Earn a starting hourly rate of $16.90 with periodic progressions up to $28.16.
See if you qualify for this outstanding career opportunity
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Possess a valid New Jersey Driver's License for the last three years (non-provisional).
- NJ CDL permit with passenger endorsement and airbrake.
- If you are not a NJ CDL holder, NJ TRANSIT can assist in obtaining the required licenses and endorsements.
- NY/PA CDL holders must have passenger endorsement with no airbrake restriction.
- Have less than five points on your driving record and have at least three years of driving experience.
- Pass all phases of the pre-employment process, which includes a selection test, interview, background investigation and a pre-employment physical examination including a drug test.
- Be available to participate in a structured training program for 21 to 25 business days, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Be available to work, without restriction, all days and hours of the week, to cover any assigned shift.
UPCOMING JOB FAIRS & TESTING SESSIONS
Get started now!
If you want to start a career, and not just a job, and make a difference for yourself and your family as well as our state, then you owe it to yourself to talk to us about our routes to success.
To apply for a bus operator position, click the region you are interested in below (North, Central or South) and fill out an application on-line:
||Big Tree (Nutley)
||Egg Harbor Township
|Greenville (Jersey City)
|Market Street (Paterson)
||Newton Avenue (Camden)
|Meadowlands (North Bergen)
||Washington Township Garage (Turnersville)
||Morris Inc. (Dover)