Tickets and Fares
NJ TRANSIT offers an array of options for purchasing rail, bus, and light rail tickets including ticket vending machines at light rail stations and many rail stations and bus terminals. If you'd prefer to speak to a ticket agent, you can check out our Station Information pages to determine where offices are located and their hours. We also offer a variety of tickets including one-way, ten-trip and round-trip tickets. You can learn about all special fare options on our web pages for train, light rail, and bus.
Ways to Save
- Family SuperSaver: Two children ages five through 11 may travel free with a passenger paying any valid fare. This program is available on trains, light rail, and buses during weekends and holidays from 7 p.m. Friday (or the day before a holiday) until 6 a.m. Monday (or the day after a holiday).
- Monthly Pass Holders: Do you already have an NJ TRANSIT monthly pass? Use it to get to Riverfront Stadium. And, it can be used to redeem the Family SuperSaver fare. The more you use it, the more you save!
- Group Trips: Have more than nine people traveling to an event at Riverfront Stadium? Click here to learn how to save up to 25 percent off with Group Trip discounts.
As a reminder, customers who are using a weekly or monthly rail pass, may present it on bus or light rail for free travel both before and after the event. Other riders must purchase bus or light rail tickets for travel to and from New York. Light rail customers must time-stamp each ticket immediately prior to boarding light rail.
- To save time, buy your return trip ticket before traveling to New York.
- Valid weekly/monthly rail passes are accepted for free travel on connecting light rail service, as well as bus service.
- NYC Transit tickets must be purchased separately.
- Customers using rail tickets must purchase NJ TRANSIT light rail or bus tickets separately for travel. Light rail tickets are available from Ticket Vending Machines at the light rail stations. Major bus boarding locations offer Ticket Vending Machines, ticket offices, or customers may pay onboard. Check Station Information for details on ticketing and fares.
- Purchase your rail ticket prior to boarding the train. A $5 surcharge applies to tickets purchased onboard if ticket vending machines or ticket agents are available.