Tickets and Fares
NJ TRANSIT offers an array of options for purchasing rail, bus, and light rail tickets. MyTix a feature of the free NJ TRANSIT Mobile app, provides customers the convenience of buying and displaying most tickets and passes securely from a mobile device. Ticket vending machines are available at light rail stations and many rail stations and bus terminals. If you'd prefer to speak to a ticket agent, you can check out our Station Information pages to determine where offices are located and their hours. We also offer a variety of tickets including one-way, ten-trip and round-trip tickets. You can learn about all special fare options on our web pages for train,
light rail, and bus.
Ways to Save
- Family SuperSaver: Two children ages five through 11 may travel free with a passenger paying any valid fare. This program is available on trains, light rail, and buses during weekends and holidays from 7 p.m. Friday (or the day before a holiday) until 6 a.m. Monday (or the day after a holiday).
- Monthly Pass Holders: Do you already have an NJ TRANSIT monthly pass? Use it to get to Riverfront Stadium. And, it can be used to redeem the Family SuperSaver fare. The more you use it, the more you save!
- Group Trips: Have more than nine people traveling to an event by rail or light rail? Click here to learn how to save up to 25 percent with Group Trip discounts.
- To save time, buy your return trip ticket before traveling to New York.
- Valid weekly/monthly rail passes are accepted for free travel on connecting light rail and bus service.
- NYC Transit tickets must be purchased separately.
- Customers using rail tickets must purchase NJ TRANSIT light rail or bus tickets separately for travel. Light rail tickets are available from Ticket Vending Machines at the light rail stations. Major bus boarding locations offer Ticket Vending Machines, ticket offices, or customers may pay onboard. Check Station Information for details on ticketing and fares.
- The NJ TRANSIT Mobile App offers more ways to purchase your ticket or pass. Use MyTix, a feature of the app, to buy and display most tickets or passes on your mobile device. For ticket details, visit njtransit.com/mytix
- Purchase your rail ticket prior to boarding the train. A $5 surcharge applies to tickets purchased onboard if ticket vending machines or ticket agents are available.