Home > NJ TRANSIT News > News Releases |
NJ TRANSIT TO RELEASE PRELIMINARY FINDINGS OF TRAIN DERAILMENT INVESTIGATION
MEDIA ADVISORY/PHOTO OPPORTUNITY
NEWARK, NJ -- On Wednesday, July 16, NJDOT Commissioner and NJ TRANSIT Board Chairman Jack Lettiere and NJ TRANSIT Executive Director George D. Warrington will announce preliminary findings of the Corporations investigation into the derailment of Train No. 3920.
WHO: NJDOT Commissioner Jack Lettiere
NJ TRANSIT Executive Director George D. Warrington
WHAT: Present preliminary findings of derailment investigation.
WHEN: Wednesday, July 16, 2003, 11 a.m.
WHERE: NJ TRANSIT Board Room
One Penn Plaza East
Newark, NJ 07105
DIRECTIONS TO NJ TRANSIT HEADQUARTERS
· From NJ Turnpike -- Take exit 15E (Newark/Jersey City). After toll, follow sign to Newark/Raymond Blvd. Stay on Raymond Blvd to Newark Penn Station. (Raymond Blvd is a one-way street). Penn Station will be on your left, NJ TRANSIT Headquarters will be on your right, next to the Blue Cross-Blue Shield Building. Pay parking is available in rear.
· From Garden State Parkway -- Take exit 145 (East Orange/Rt. 280). Follow signs for 280 East. After approx. one mile, 280 will divide. Stay to your right (the exit to your left will be First Street). Continue to your right and take the first exit -- Martin Luther King Blvd. Make a right. IMMEDIATELY, make the first left. Go 2 blocks and make a right. You are now on Broad Street. Keep to your left. Go about ½ mile until the road forks. Bear left at the fork and continue to Raymond Blvd. Make a left onto Raymond Blvd. Continue on Raymond Blvd (Gateway Hilton and Newark Penn Station will be on your right). Go under railroad bridge. NJ TRANSIT Headquarters will be on your left. Pay parking is available behind building.
· From Lincoln Tunnel -- Take Rt. 3 West to exit for Rt. 21 (Newark). Continue on Rt. 21 until highway runs out and it becomes McCarter Highway. Continue on McCarter Highway to Raymond Blvd. Make a left onto Raymond Blvd. You'll immediately see the Gateway Hilton and Newark Penn Station on your right. Go under railroad bridge. NJ TRANSIT Headquarters will be on your left. Pay parking is available.
· From Holland Tunnel -- Follow signs for 1 & 9 South (keep to your left). Take Pulaski Skyway to Raymond Blvd exit. Continue on Raymond Blvd to Newark Penn Station. Penn Station will be on your left, NJ TRANSIT Headquarters will be on your right. Pay parking is available.
· By Public Transportation -- Take any Northeast Corridor, North Jersey Coast Line or Raritan Valley Line train to Newark Penn Station. Exit thru the rear of the station. NJ TRANSIT Headquarters is directly across the street.
OR, take any Morris & Essex Line train to Newark Broad Street Station. Round-trip shuttle bus service (a 9-minute ride) is available to Newark Penn Station.