Home > NJ TRANSIT News > News Releases |
NJ TRANSIT REROUTES BERGEN MALL BUS SERVICE
NEWARK, NJ, February 21, 2003 – NJ TRANSIT will reroute a number of bus lines that serve the Bergen Mall in Paramus beginning Saturday, March 1 to prepare for a planned expansion project at the mall.
The current bus stop, located within Bergen Mall property east of Forest Avenue, will be closed. As a result, customers will have to use different bus stops along the new routings, including one located on mall property, located west of Forest Avenue.
The affected bus routes and service changes are as follows:
· No. 168 Paramus – New York: The new route will travel along Forest Avenue and Spring Valley Avenue, and will no longer stop within the Bergen Mall property. Customers who use the mall bus stop should use the bus stops on Spring Valley Avenue closest to the mall.
· Nos. 751/755 Edgewater – Paramus: The new routes extend to and from Bergen County Community College via Century Road, and travel along Spring Valley Avenue and Spring Valley Road, serving the new bus stop located at the main mall entrance off of Spring Valley Avenue. Customers who travel on the Nos. 751/755 and transfer to the No. 756 at the Bergen Mall for travel to Garden State Plaza will have to transfer to the No. 756 at Route 4 and Spring Valley Road. Note: Nos. 751/755 trips to Edgewater will serve the new bus stop within mall property, and Nos. 751/755 to Paramus will stop on Spring Valley Avenue outside of mall property.
· No. 752 Ridgewood – Hackensack: The new route will travel along Forest Avenue, and will no longer stop within the mall property. Customers who use this bus stop should use the bus stops closest to the mall on Maywood Avenue, south of Spring Valley Avenue.
· No. 753 New Milford – Paramus: The new route will travel along Spring Valley Avenue, and will no longer serve the existing bus stop located within mall property east of Forest Avenue. Customers should use the new bus stop located at the main mall entrance.
· No. 756 Fort Lee – Paramus: The new route will operate via Route 4 and Route 17 to Garden State Plaza and Bergen Community College, and will no longer serve the current Bergen Mall bus stop or bus stops on Farview and Spring Valley avenues. No. 756 customers traveling to and from the Bergen Mall should use the bus stops located on Route 4. Customers who travel on the Nos. 751/755 and transfer to the No. 756 at the Bergen Mall for travel to Garden State Plaza will have to transfer to the No. 756 at Route 4 and Spring Valley Road.
· No. 762 Hackensack – Paramus: The new route will no longer serve the Bergen Mall or adjacent bus stops, with service now beginning and ending at Paramus Park Mall. Both the No. 168 and No. 752 routes provide alternative service between Paramus Park Mall and the Forest Avenue area near the Bergen Mall.
· No. 171 Paterson – New York (GWB): There is no change to this route. It will continue to operate via Route 4 and continue to serve the Bergen Mall at the bus stop on Route 4.
For further information, riders can call NJ TRANSIT between 6 a.m. and midnight at 1-800-626-RIDE or at 973-762-5100 from out of state. For persons with hearing impairments, the number is 1-800-772-2287. Riders can also visit NJ TRANSIT’s website at www.njtransit.com.
NJ TRANSIT is the nation's largest statewide public transportation system providing more than 752,600 daily trips on 240 bus routes, two light rail lines and 11 commuter rail lines. It is the third largest transit system in the country with 163 rail stations, 28 light rail stations and more than 17,000 bus stops linking major points in New Jersey, New York and Philadelphia.