Home > NJ TRANSIT News > News Releases |
SERVICE ADVISORY: NJ TRANSIT OFFERS EXTRA BUS SERVICE TO NEW YORK FOR ST. PATRICK'S DAY PARADE
March 13, 2014
NEWARK, NJ — NJ TRANSIT will operate extra bus service to and from the Port Authority Bus Terminal (PABT) on Monday, March 17, to accommodate customers traveling to the annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade in New York City. Trains will operate on a regular weekday schedule.
It should be specifically noted that alcoholic beverages will not be permitted on any train to and from New York/Hoboken on March 17. Beverages of any kind are prohibited at all times on board buses.
Extra trips to and from New York will be offered on the following bus routes:
To New York:
- No. 128 North Bergen to New York: Inbound to PABT at 10:05 a.m. and 10:45 a.m.
- No. 163 Hackensack to New York: Inbound to PABT at 8:46 a.m., 9:32 a.m., 10:12 a.m., 10:44 a.m., 11:12 a.m., 11:28 a.m. and 12:36 p.m.
- No. 166T Englewood to New York: Inbound to PABT at 9:02 a.m., 9:37 a.m., 9:57 a.m., 10:17 a.m., 10:37 a.m. and 10:57 a.m.
- No. 167G Dumont to New York: Inbound to PABT at 10:00 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
- No. 177X Dumont to New York: Inbound to PABT at 9:44 a.m.
- No. 190R Rutherford to New York: Inbound to PABT at 8:55 a.m.
- No. 190 Rutherford to New York: Inbound to PABT at 9:20 a.m., 9:40 a.m., 10:45 a.m., 11:05 a.m. and 11:25 a.m.
- No. 191 Allwood Park/Ride to New York: Inbound to PABT at 9:50 a.m., 10:50 a.m. and 11:50 a.m.
- No. 192X Allwood Park/Ride to New York: Inbound to PABT at 9:30 a.m.
- No. 193 Willowbrook to New York: Inbound to PABT at 9:02 a.m., 9:22 a.m., 9:52 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
- No. 324 Wayne/Route 23 Transit Center to New York: Inbound to PABT at 9:40 a.m.
From New York:
- No. 163 to Hackensack: Outbound from PABT at 4:45 p.m. and 5:15 p.m. (Gate 224)
- No. 166T to Bergenfield via Turnpike: Outbound from PABT at 4:45 p.m. and 5:15 p.m. (Gate 211)
- No. 167T to Dumont via Teaneck Road: Outbound from PABT at 5:18 p.m. (Gate 210)
- No. 177X to Dumont: Outbound from PABT at 4:45 p.m. (Gate 210)
- No. 190R to Rutherford: Outbound from PABT at 4:44 p.m. (Gate 223)
- No. 193 to Willowbrook Park/Ride: Outbound from PABT at 4:20 p.m. and 5:15 p.m. (Gate 233)
- Ticketing: To speed your return, purchase round-trip tickets at the start of your trip from bus operators inbound to New York or at ticket vending machines where available. Bus customers departing Port Authority Bus Terminal are reminded that tickets must be purchased before boarding the bus.
- Allow Extra Travel Time: Traffic congestion during the morning period and early to mid-afternoon hours before and after the parade may affect bus travel times to New York City. Customers should plan accordingly.
- Plan Ahead: Extra bus service will operate a few minutes ahead of regularly scheduled trips on the routes listed above. Customers should arrive at their bus boarding location 10 minutes earlier than the departure time.
- Parking: Customers traveling from Park/Rides at Allwood Road, North Bergen, Willowbrook Mall and Wayne/Route 23 Transit Center are advised that parking fees still apply.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Alcoholic beverages will NOT be permitted on any train to and from New York/Hoboken. This policy will be strictly enforced. Beverages of any kind are prohibited at all times on board buses.
For schedules and fares, visit njtransit.com or call 973-275-5555.
About NJ TRANSIT
NJ TRANSIT is the nation's largest statewide public transportation system providing more than 895,000 weekday trips on 261 bus routes, three light rail lines, 12 commuter rail lines and through Access Link paratransit service. It is the third largest transit system in the country with 165 rail stations, 62 light rail stations and more than 19,000 bus stops linking major points in New Jersey, New York and Philadelphia.