Newark, NJ - NJ TRANSIT has made a number of adjustments and refinements to its emergency trans-Hudson transportation plan based on this morning’s commute to most efficiently match the available bus, rail and ferry resources with the needs of state citizens.
The adjustments include the consolidation of eight emergency park & ride lots to four, based on Monday’s real-time ridership. Buses that were used in emergency service at Bridgewater, Woodbridge and Willowbrook Mall, as well as Newark Liberty International Airport have been redistributed to alleviate crowding on buses traveling through South Orange, Jersey City, Hoboken and Newark, to New York.
Customers utilizing the emergency bus service plan can ride the buses at no cost. Customers utilizing ferry and light rail services will still be responsible for paying normal light rail and ferry fares except Statue Cruise Lines in Liberty State Park.
Buses will operate to and from the following limited-capacity transportation hubs:
Ramsey (Ramsey/Rt. 17 Station)
- Suburban Transit/Coach USA to operate 15 buses from Ramsey/Rt. 17 Station to Weehawken/Port Imperial from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. for light rail/ferry connections.
- Suburban Transit/Coach USA to operate 15 buses from Weehawken/Port Imperial to Ramsey/Rt. 17 Station from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Meadowlands, MetLife Stadium, Lots J&K (1 MetLife Stadium)
- Suburban Transit/Coach USA to operate 25 buses from Meadowlands MetLife Stadium to Weehawken/Port Imperial from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. for light rail/ ferry connections.
- Suburban Transit/Coach USA to operate 25 buses from Weehawken/Port Imperial to the Meadowlands MetLife Stadium from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Holmdel, Garden State Parkway Exit 116 (PNC Arts Center)
- Academy Bus to operate 130 buses from the PNC Arts Center from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. to:
- Lower Manhattan
- Port Authority Bus Terminal
- Newark Penn Station
- Academy Bus to operate 130 buses between 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. from:
- Lower Manhattan
- Port Authority Bus Terminal – 41st between 8th and 9th
- Newark Penn Station – Greyhound Bus Stop
Jersey City (Liberty State Park, Liberty Science Center)
Community/Coach USA to operate 10 buses from Liberty Science Center to shuttle customers to Statue Cruise Lines Ferry Service to Battery Park from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m., 1 p.m. to 2 p.m., and from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Ferry service from this location will be offered free of charge.
Emergency bus service to Lower Manhattan has been coordinated following the approval of, and collaboration with the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey as well as the New York City Department of Transportation. Pick-up and drop-off locations will take place at the following, designated Suburban Transportation bus stops:
- Greenwich Street between Battery Place & Morris Street
- Trinity Place between Rector & Thames Streets
- Church St. between Warren & Chambers Streets
- Church St. between Reade & Duane Streets