Home > NJ TRANSIT News > News Releases |
NJ TRANSIT ADVISES CUSTOMERS OF UPCOMING CONSTRUCTION IN WEEHAWKEN
One lane on South Marginal Street to close for repairs on May 19
May 16, 2012
NEWARK, NJ — Beginning on or about Saturday, May 19 and continuing through late-September, one of two eastbound lanes on South Marginal Street in Weehawken will close for repairs. This repair project will result in a significant reduction in vehicular traffic capacity along this eastbound roadway, which is adjacent to Route 495 in Weehawken, toward the Lincoln Tunnel.
Many of NJ TRANSIT’s bus routes traveling on eastbound South Marginal Street will operate with delays as buses will experience increased traffic congestion especially near the immediate construction project area.
Additionally, some bus routes traveling from New York City to New Jersey may operate with delays due to buses arriving late at the Port Authority Bus Terminal.
The affected bus routes include:
- 107 Irvington – New York
- 108 Newark – New York
- 111 Jersey Gardens – New York
- 115 Rahway – New York
- 121 North Bergen – New York
- 123 Jersey City – Union City – New York
- 124 Secaucus – New York
- 125 Jersey City – Journal Square – New York
- 127 Ridgefield – Union City – New York
- 129 Secaucus – Union City – New York
- 144 Elmwood Park – Hackensack – New York
- 154 Fort Lee – Palisades Park – New York
- 156 Englewood Cliffs – New York
- 159 Fort Lee – New York
- 160 Elmwood Park – Wallington – New York
- 161 Paterson – Passaic – New York
- 163 Ridgewood – New York
- 167 Harrington Park – New York
- 190 Paterson – Rutherford – New York
- 191 Willowbrook – Montclair – New York
- 192 Clifton – New York
- 195 Willowbrook – Cedar Grove – New York
- 199 Clifton – Lyndhurst – New York
A number of local NJ TRANSIT bus routes also will be impacted by traffic congestion in the area of the construction project:
- 22/22X North Bergen – Union City – Hoboken
- 84P North Bergen – Jersey City – Journal Square – Park Avenue Service
- 86 Union City – Newport Centre
- 89 North Bergen – Hoboken
All customers on these affected bus routes are advised to allow for extra travel time getting to and from your destination.
NJ TRANSIT regrets any inconvenience this detour may cause. Customers may visit njtransit.com or call 973-275-5555 to contact NJ TRANSIT.