Home > NJ TRANSIT News > News Releases |
NJ TRANSIT OFFERS ONLINE TICKETING FOR KABOOM! FIREWORKS
Customers encouraged to purchase “Day Pass” ticket in advance
June 20, 2011
NEWARK, NJ — NJ TRANSIT is making it easier than ever for North Jersey Coast Line travelers to get to Fourth of July festivities in Red Bank. Starting today, spectators attending KaBoom! Fireworks on the Navesink on July 3 can purchase and print special train tickets online in advance—right from the convenience of their own homes!
To accommodate those attending the fireworks display, NJ TRANSIT will supplement its regular weekend schedule on July 3 with additional North Jersey Coast Line trains to and from Red Bank (sponsored by Bartlett Tree Experts). Complete schedule information will be available on njtransit.com/kaboom in advance of the event.
Customers at North Jersey Coast Line stations from Bay Head to Aberdeen-Matawan are strongly encouraged to purchase a special $5 “Day Pass” from KaBoom event organizers, ticket offices, ticket vending machines or online at njtransit.com. The Day Passes are valid for round-trip transportation between Red Bank and any other North Jersey Coast Line station from Bay Head as far north as Aberdeen-Matawan on July 3 only.
Beginning today, customers may purchase the special $5 “Day Pass” online at njtransit.com/kaboom. Simply follow the easy steps below:
- From the drop-down menus, select your origin station and the number of tickets you wish to purchase.
- Enter passengers’ first and last names, then click “Proceed to Checkout.”
- Enter your email address and billing information (select “Yes” to agree to Terms and Conditions).
- Click “Place Order” and print your tickets!
The $5 Day Pass is also available for purchase at North Jersey Coast Line stations from Bay Head to Aberdeen-Matawan at ticket offices and ticket vending machines. Customers using Ticket Vending Machines should select “Special Promotions” on the touch-screen display.
To help ensure a safe, enjoyable trip, NJ TRANSIT is offering the following travel tips:
- Plan Ahead. NJ TRANSIT rail service will operate on a weekend schedule with additional trains to/from Red Bank.
- Buy a Day Pass Before Traveling to Red Bank. Remember, you’ll also need a ticket to get home. Avoid lines by purchasing a $5 Day Pass in advance online at njtransit.com or at North Jersey Coast Line Stations from Bay Head to Aberdeen-Matawan.
- Arrive Early. Customers are encouraged to arrive as early as possible, and to expect crowds after the fireworks are over. The busiest trains will be those immediately preceding and following the event.
- Delays are possible. Large crowds often have an impact on train operations. Be courteous to your fellow riders by standing clear of the doors, moving all the way into the car, and making all seats available.
- Know the Rules. Due to crowding conditions, bicycles may not be carried aboard NJ TRANSIT trains on July 3. As a reminder, smoking is not permitted aboard trains, in stations or on platforms.
- Be Advised of Zero-Tolerance Policy. The Red Bank Borough Council recently passed a resolution to seek the maximum $2,500 fine for those charged with and convicted of disorderly conduct, public drinking or other violations of local ordinance.
For rail service information, visit njtransit.com/kaboom.
For more information about the event, visit kaboomfireworks.org.
About NJ TRANSIT
NJ TRANSIT is the nation's largest statewide public transportation system providing more than 895,000 weekday trips on 240 bus routes, three light rail lines and 12 commuter rail lines. It is the third largest transit system in the country with 165 rail stations, 61 light rail stations and more than 19,000 bus stops linking major points in New Jersey, New York and Philadelphia.