Home > NJ TRANSIT News > News Releases |
NJ TRANSIT BUS SERVICE RESTORED
Rail service operating on enhanced weekend schedule on Tuesday
Updated 10:00 a.m. Tuesday
NEWARK, NJ - NJ TRANSIT bus service has been restored systemwide as of 12:01 a.m. Tuesday, December 28. Bus customers should expect possible delays based on local road conditions and allow extra travel time.
Due to continued severe weather conditions and lower ridership, NJ TRANSIT rail service will operate on an enhanced weekend schedule on Tuesday, December 28, on all lines except the Atlantic City Rail Line. (Atlantic City Rail Line service will follow a regular weekday schedule.) Customers should expect crowded trains and delays.
To plan a rail trip on njtransit.com, customers should use January 17, 2011, (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day) as their travel date in online trip planners. Click here to plan a rail trip
IMPORTANT: In addition to the enhanced weekend schedule, NJ TRANSIT will add trains on select lines to provide at least one train per hour in each direction. The following is a list of additional trains:
- 1746: Depart Suffern at 5:34 AM, Bergen County all stop local, Arrive Hoboken at 6:40 AM.
- 1790: Depart Suffern at 6:37 AM, Main Line all stop local, Arrive Hoboken at 7:49 AM.
- 1794: Depart Suffern at 7:54 AM, Bergen County all stop local, Arrive Hoboken at 8:59 AM.
- 1760: Depart Suffern at 10:20 AM, Bergen County all stop local, Arrive Hoboken at 11:25 AM.
- 1764: Depart Suffern at 12:20 PM, Bergen County all stop local, Arrive Hoboken at 1:25 PM.
- 1768: Depart Suffern at 2:27 PM, Bergen County all stop local, Arrive Hoboken at 3:31 PM.
- 1709: Depart Hoboken at 8:23 AM, Main Line all stop Local, Arrive Suffern at 9:37 AM.
- 1713: Depart Hoboken at 10:23 AM, Main Line all stop Local, Arrive Suffern at 11:37 AM.
- 1765: Depart Hoboken at 11:18 AM, Bergen County all stop local, Arrive Suffern at 12:24 PM.
- 1721: Depart Hoboken at 2:23 PM, Main Line all stop Local, Arrive Suffern at 3:37 PM.
- 1781: Depart Hoboken at 7:20 PM, Bergen County all stop local, Arrive Suffern at 8:26 PM.
- 1733: Depart Hoboken at 8:25 PM, Main Line all stop local, Arrive Suffern at 9:36 PM.
Raritan Valley Line
- 1504: Depart Raritan at 5:43 AM, all local stops except Garwood, Arrive Newark 6:39 AM
- 8553: Depart Newark 6:13 AM, all local stops except Garwood, Arrive Raritan 7:06 AM
- Jersey Avenue Station will be closed on Tuesday, December 28. Customers should use New Brunswick Station as an alternate boarding location.
- Trains will add stops at North Elizabeth Station. The station is normally not served on weekends.
- On the Raritan Valley Line, there will be no service west of Raritan. Also, six trains on the weekend schedule that normally operate only on Saturdays will operate on Tuesday.
- There will be no service west of Dover on the Morris & Essex Line.
Systemwide Cross-Honoring Extended
NJ TRANSIT will continue full systemwide cross-honoring until further notice, enabling customers to use their ticket or pass on an alternate travel mode-rail, bus or light rail. For example, customers who normally take the bus from Rutherford to the Port Authority Bus Terminal may use their bus pass on the train from Rutherford to New York Penn Station. Similarly, customers who normally take the bus between Atlantic City and Lindenwold may use the Atlantic City Rail Line instead.
In addition, all NJ TRANSIT rail station buildings and waiting rooms will remain open extended hours, including evenings and overnight, throughout the storm.
- Travel only if necessary.
- Before starting your trip, visit njtransit.com for up-to-the-minute service information. This information is also available by calling (973) 275-5555 or from broadcast traffic reports.
- Sign up for free My Transit Alerts to receive travel advisories for your specific trip via email or mobile device.
- Allow plenty of extra travel time. Delays and service changes are possible.
- Use extreme caution when walking on exposed sidewalks, parking lots or station platforms and when boarding trains and buses.
- Listen closely to public address announcements at stations for late-breaking service information.
- If you park, ensure your car is stocked with a snow brush and ice scraper so you can clear your car upon returning to the lot.
- Report slippery or unsafe conditions to bus operators, train crews or NJ TRANSIT staff.
- Local jurisdictions are responsible for clearing bus stops. Local residents can help their neighbors by shoveling the bus stops along the sidewalks near their homes so that people are not standing in the icy streets while traffic is passing.