Home > NJ TRANSIT News > News Releases |
BUSES TO REPLACE NEWARK LIGHT RAIL SERVICE FOR FOUR WEEKENDS
October 21, 2009
NEWARK, NJ — Starting on Friday, October 23 and continuing through Monday, November 16, Newark Light Rail service will be suspended on weekends from 10 p.m. Fridays until 2 a.m. Mondays, to allow for necessary track maintenance.
For the next four weekends, Newark Light Rail customers are advised of the following:
- Newark Light Rail service will not operate on weekends.
- Accessible substitute bus service will be provided outside all Newark Light Rail stations.
- Buses will operate in two segments:
- Newark Penn – Grove Street
- Newark Penn – Broad Street Station
- Substitute bus service will operate approximately every 10 minutes in both directions. Please allow extra travel time. Substitute buses will stop at Newark Light Rail stations only.
- All Newark Light Rail tickets and passes will be accepted aboard substitute buses. Please have your ticket or pass ready when boarding.
For Newark Light Rail schedules, fares or information, visit www.njtransit.com or call 973-275-5555.