Home > NJ TRANSIT News > News Releases |
NJ TRANSIT ROLLS OUT SERVICE TO GREAT SUMMER DESTINATIONS
Deals and discounts offered to the Jersey Shore and other attractions
June 25, 2009
ASBURY PARK, NJ — NJ TRANSIT is making it easy and affordable for families to take in all the sights and sounds that make New Jersey summers so special, with package deals and other discounts to a host of great destinations.
Whether you want a laid-back day of surf, sun and summer reading at a beach along the Jersey Shore or the excitement offered by Atlantic City, the horse races or amusement parks, NJ TRANSIT has the summer service to get you there.
“We have put together packages and transit service plans to help New Jerseyans create affordable family adventures without having to travel far from home,” said NJ TRANSIT Executive Director Richard Sarles. “NJ TRANSIT helps put summertime day trips and vacations around the state within easy reach.”
- Save up to $6.50 on admission to six great beaches – Long Branch, Asbury Park, Ocean Grove, Bradley Beach, Belmar and Manasquan – by purchasing a NJ TRANSIT Beach Package (round-trip train fare and a beach admission ticket) in a single transaction at NJ TRANSIT ticket vending machines (choose “Special Promotions” and select “Beach Package”) or at ticket windows.
- Customers can purchase the package for $22 from Penn Station New York or any station on the Main, Bergen County or Pascack Valley lines, and for $17 from Hoboken or Newark Penn Station.
Six Flags Great Adventure or Hurricane Harbor package
- Save up to $38 by purchasing round-trip bus transportation and park admission ticket together. Package deals are available from ticket agents at the Port Authority Bus Terminal in New York, Newark Penn Station, Philadelphia Greyhound Terminal or NJ TRANSIT’s Walter Rand Transportation Center in Camden.
- Customers traveling to Six Flags on the 307 bus from Freehold can also save on park admission by presenting their bus fare receipt at the Six Flags guest services window.
Monmouth Park Racetrack package
- Enjoy a day of thoroughbred racing at Monmouth Park, with convenient daily North Jersey Coast Line service to the park. At NJ TRANSIT ticket vending machines, choose “Special Promotions,” and select “Monmouth Racetrack,” and save $5 compared to purchasing train tickets, park admission and program separately.
- The Atlantic City Rail Line offers free parking at many stations, making it an affordable, hassle-free option to enjoy Atlantic City’s free beaches and nightlife glamour.
- NJ TRANSIT has partnered with several Atlantic City hotels, restaurants and businesses to offer discounts on meals, accommodations, shopping, fishing trips and other attractions.
- A consortium of Atlantic City hotels and casinos offer deluxe rail service from New York and Newark. For more information, visit www.acestrain.com.
Express bus service to the shore
- NJ TRANSIT offers express bus service from New York, Newark, Jersey City and Philadelphia to various Jersey Shore destinations including Seaside Heights, Seaside Park, Island Beach State Park, Atlantic City, Wildwood and Cape May.
Family Supersaver fares
- Every weekend, families taking NJ TRANSIT can save by using the Family Supersaver fare program, enabling two children ages 5-11 to ride free with each fare-paying adult. The program is in effect from 7 p.m. Friday (or the day before a holiday) through 6 a.m. Monday (or the day after a holiday).
For details on all NJ TRANSIT summer services and customer discounts, visit www.njtransit.com/summer.
NJ TRANSIT is the nation's largest statewide public transportation system providing more than 895,000 weekday trips on 240 bus routes, three light rail lines and 11 commuter rail lines. It is the third largest transit system in the country with 164 rail stations, 60 light rail stations and more than 18,000 bus stops linking major points in New Jersey, New York and Philadelphia.