Home > NJ TRANSIT News > News Releases |
'TIS THE SEASON FOR EXTRA BUS SERVICE TO NEW JERSEY MALLS
Holiday shoppers and employees benefit from bus service that matches extended store hours
November 19, 2008
NEWARK, NJ - NJ TRANSIT will provide shoppers and retail employees with the convenience of additional bus service to 16 major shopping destinations throughout New Jersey this holiday season to accommodate extended store hours and busy shopping times throughout the day.
Customers will benefit from additional bus trips or expanded service on 22 routes serving many of the busiest malls in northern, central and southern New Jersey during the period from Friday, November 28 through the weekend after Christmas.
In Northern New Jersey, additional service will be provided to Bridgewater Commons, Elizabeth Center at 13A (IKEA), Garden State Plaza (Paramus), IKEA Paramus, Jersey Gardens (Elizabeth), Livingston Mall, Mill Creek Mall (Secaucus), Newport Centre Mall (Jersey City), The Mall at Short Hills, Willowbrook Mall (Wayne), Wayne Towne Center Mall and West Belt Mall (Wayne).
In Central and Southern New Jersey, additional service will operate to Cherry Hill Mall, Hamilton Mall (Mays Landing), Moorestown Mall and Shore Mall (Egg Harbor).
For complete schedule details, customers should visit www.njtransit.com or consult special holiday timetables, available on board buses and at Customer Service offices.
Following is a list of NJ TRANSIT bus routes providing additional service:
- 11 Willowbrook Mall-Newark (Willowbrook Mall, Wayne Towne Center and West Belt Mall)
- 40 Kearny-Jersey Gardens (Elizabeth Center at Exit 13A IKEA and Jersey Gardens)
- 70 Newark-Summit-Livingston (Livingston Mall and The Mall at Short Hills)
- 73 Newark-Orange-Livingston (Livingston Mall)
- 86 Nungessers-Newport Centre (Newport Centre Mall)
- 111 New York-IKEA-Jersey Gardens (Elizabeth Center at Exit 13A IKEA and Jersey Gardens)
- 114 Bridgewater-New York (Bridgewater Commons)
- 115 Rahway-New York (Jersey Gardens)
- 163 Ridgewood-New York (Garden State Plaza and IKEA Paramus)
- 171 Paterson-New York (Garden State Plaza)
- 175 Ridgewood-New York (Garden State Plaza)
- 197 Willowbrook Mall-New York (Willowbrook Mall, Wayne Towne Center and West Belt Mall)
- 320 Mill Creek-Harmon Meadow-North Bergen Park & Ride-New York (Harmon Meadow and Mill Creek Mall)
- 404 Philadelphia-Cherry Hill Mall (Cherry Hill Mall)
- 405 Philadelphia Merchantville-Cherry Hill Mall (Cherry Hill Mall)
- 407 Philadelphia-Merchantville-Moorestown Mall (Moorestown Mall)
- 502 Atlantic City-Hamilton Mall-Atlantic/Cape Community College (Shore Mall and Hamilton Mall)
- 704 Paterson-Willowbrook Mall (Willowbrook Mall, Wayne Towne Center and West Belt Mall)
- 705 Passaic-Willowbrook Mall (Willowbrook Mall, Wayne Towne Center and West Belt Mall)
- 709 Bloomfield-Paramus (Garden State Plaza)
- 712 Hackensack-Willowbrook Mall (Willowbrook Mall, Wayne Towne Center and West Belt Mall)
- 748 Paterson-Wayne-Willowbrook Mall (Willowbrook Mall, Wayne Towne Center and West Belt Mall)
NJ TRANSIT is the nation's largest statewide public transportation system providing more than 895,000 weekday trips on 240 bus routes, three light rail lines and 11 commuter rail lines. It is the third largest transit system in the country with 164 rail stations, 60 light rail stations and more than 18,000 bus stops linking major points in New Jersey, New York and Philadelphia.