Home > NJ TRANSIT News > News Releases |
NJ TRANSIT PROVIDING ADDITIONAL BUS SERVICE TO MALLS THIS HOLIDAY SEASON
Extra trips to benefit shoppers and retail employees
November 21, 2007
Contact: Dan Stessel (973) 491-7078
NEWARK, NJ — NJ TRANSIT is making it even more convenient to take the bus to the state’s many shopping malls during the busy holiday season by offering additional service on selected routes to help meet high ridership and to better serve employees working extended hours.
A total of 25 bus routes will offer additional service to 19 malls and other nearby retail destinations throughout the state. Trips will be added during peak shopping hours on some routes to help meet anticipated demand and additional early morning and late night trips will operate on certain routes to benefit shoppers and employees alike.
The additional service starts Friday, November 23 – traditionally the busiest shopping day of the year – and continues through Monday, December 24 on some routes.
North Jersey shopping destinations receiving additional bus service include Willowbrook Mall, Livingston Mall, Garden State Plaza, Elizabeth Center, Newport Centre Mall, Short Hills Mall, Woodbridge Mall, Bridgewater Commons, Harmon Meadows, IKEA Paramus and Mill Creek Mall.
In Central and South Jersey, destinations getting extra service include Hamilton Mall (Mays Landing), Cherry Hill Mall, Shore Mall, Mercer Mall, Nassau Park, Quaker Bridge Mall and Hamilton Marketplace.
For complete schedule details, customers should visit www.njtransit.com or consult special holiday timetables, available on board buses and at Customer Service offices.
Following is a list of NJ TRANSIT bus routes providing additional service:
- 11 Willowbrook Mall-Newark (Willowbrook Mall, Wayne Towne Center and West Belt Mall)
- 40 Kearny-Jersey Gardens (Elizabeth Center at Exit 13A IKEA and Jersey Gardens)
- 62 Newark-Woodbridge-Perth Amboy (Elizabeth Center at Exit 13A IKEA and Woodbridge Center Mall)
- 70 Newark-Summit-Livingston (Livingston Mall and Short Hills Mall)
- 73 Newark-Orange-Livingston (Livingston Mall)
- 85 Hoboken-Harmon Meadow-Mill Creek (Harmon Meadow and Mill Creek Mall)
- 86 Nungessers-Newport Centre (Newport Centre Mall)
- 111 New York-IKEA-Jersey Gardens (Elizabeth Center at Exit 13A IKEA and Jersey Gardens)
- 114 Bridgewater-New York (Bridgewater Commons)
- 163 Ridgewood-New York (Garden State Plaza and IKEA Paramus)
- 171 Paterson-New York (Garden State Plaza)
- 175 Ridgewood-New York (Garden State Plaza)
- 197 Willowbrook Mall-Newark (Willowbrook Mall, Wayne Town Center and West Belt Mall)
- 320 Mill Creek-Harmon Meadow-North Bergen Park & Ride-New York (Harmon Meadow and Mill Creek Mall)
- 404 Philadelphia-Cherry Hill Mall (Cherry Hill Mall)
- 405 Philadelphia Merchantville-Cherry Hill Mall (Cherry Hill Mall)
- 407 Philadelphia-Merchantville-Moorestown Mall (Moorestown Mall)
- 502 Atlantic City-Hamilton Mall-Atlantic/Cape Community College (Shore Mall and Hamilton Mall)
- 603 Mercer Mall-Quaker Bridge Mall-Hamilton Marketplace (Mercer Mall, Quaker Bridge Mall and Hamilton Marketplace)
- 609 Ewing-Quaker Bridge Mall-Mercer County Community College (Quaker Bridge Mall)
- 704 Paterson-Willowbrook Mall (Willowbrook Mall, Wayne Town Center and West Belt Mall)
- 705 Passaic-Willowbrook Mall (Willowbrook Mall, Wayne Town Center and West Belt Mall)
- 709 Bloomfield-Paramus (Garden State Plaza)
- 712 Hackensack-Willowbrook Mall (Willowbrook Mall, Wayne Town Center and West Belt Mall)
- 748 Paterson-Wayne-Willowbrook Mall (Willowbrook Mall, Wayne Town Center and West Belt Mall)
About NJ TRANSIT
NJ TRANSIT is the nation's largest statewide public transportation system providing nearly 865,000 weekday trips on 240 bus routes, three light rail lines and 11 commuter rail lines. It is the third largest transit system in the country with 162 rail stations, 60 light rail stations and more than 18,000 bus stops linking major points in New Jersey, New York and Philadelphia.