Home > NJ TRANSIT News > News Releases |
EXTRA NJ TRANSIT BUS AND RAIL SERVICE FOR CUSTOMERS ATTENDING ST. PATRICK'S DAY PARADE
March 15, 2007
Contact: Joe Dee 973 491-7078
NEWARK, NJ - It won't take the luck of the Irish to easily get in and out of New York City for the annual St. Patrick's Day parade thanks to additional NJ TRANSIT train and bus trips supplementing normal weekend service on Saturday, March 17.
Trains will operate on a regular weekend schedule with additional Saturday morning service to New York and Hoboken on the Northeast Corridor, North Jersey Coast Line, Port Jervis Line and Morris & Essex Lines. Additional outbound service will be provided in the late afternoon and early evening. (The additional trips are not listed in printed timetables, with the exception of the Port Jervis Line trips which are noted in the Main/Bergen timetable.)
NJ TRANSIT will offer 22 extra trains on Saturday, March 17, as follows:
- Four additional trains will depart Trenton at 8:21 a.m., 9:21 a.m., 10:21 a.m. and 11:21 a.m., making all stops to Metropark and then expressing to Newark Liberty International Airport, Newark Penn Station, Secaucus Junction and New York Penn Station.
- Four additional trains will depart New York Penn Station at 4:09 p.m., 5:09 p.m., 6:09 p.m. and 7:09 p.m., making stops at Secaucus Junction, Newark Penn Station and Newark Liberty International Airport, expressing to Metropark and then making all local stops to Trenton with the exception of Jersey Avenue.
North Jersey Coast Line
- Two additional trains will depart Long Branch at 8:33 a.m. and 9:33 a.m., make all stops to Woodbridge and then express to Newark Penn Station and New York Penn Station.
- Two additional trains will depart New York Penn Station at 4:47 p.m. and 5:58 p.m. and make all stops to Long Branch, except North Elizabeth and Avenel.
Morris & Essex Lines
- Four additional trains will depart Dover at 8:34 a.m., 9:34 a.m., 10:34 a.m. and 11:34 a.m., make all stops to Summit, then express to Newark Broad Street and New York Penn Station.
- Four additional trains will depart New York Penn Station at 4:03 p.m., 5:03 p.m., 6:03 p.m. and 7:03 p.m., stopping at Newark Broad Street, expressing to Summit, then making all stops to Dover.
Port Jervis Line
- An additional train will depart Port Jervis at 6:21 a.m. and make all stops to Sloatsburg, then express to Secaucus and Hoboken.
- An additional train will depart Hoboken at 5:22 p.m., stop at Secaucus, express to Sloatsburg and make all stops to Port Jervis.
NJ TRANSIT will provide extra trips on 11 bus routes to/from the Port Authority Bus Terminal (PABT). To speed their return trip, bus customers are strongly encouraged to purchase round-trip tickets on-board inbound buses (en route to New York), or purchase their outbound tickets at Port Authority Bus Terminal ticket windows 1-10 or at any Ticket Vending Machine (TVM) inside the PABT upon arriving before leaving the terminal for the parade.
On Saturday, March 17, NJ TRANSIT will offer extra trips on the following bus routes:
126 Hoboken - New York
- Extra trips will depart Port Authority Bus Terminal via Washington Avenue at 8:53 p.m., 9:53 p.m., 10:53 p.m. & 11:53 p.m.
128 Boulevard East - New York
- Six extra trips will depart North Bergen
Nungessers to New York via Boulevard East at 9:45 a.m., 9:55 a.m., 10:05 a.m., 10:15 a.m., 10:25 a.m. and 10:45 a.m.
137 Toms River - New York
- Extra trips will depart PABT to Toms River at 4:15 p.m. & 6:15 p.m.
139 Lakewood - New York
- Extra trips will depart PABT to Howell Twp. (Casino Drive) at 7:20 p.m., 8:50 p.m. & 9:50 p.m
158 Fort Lee - Edgewater - New York
- Extra trips will depart Edgewater
(River Road & Hilliard Avenue) via River Road/Port Imperial at 7:30 a.m., 8:30 a.m., 9:30 a.m. & 10:30 a.m.
- Extra trips will depart PABT via River Road/Port Imperial at 4:20 p.m., 5:20 p.m., 6:20 p.m. & 7:20 p.m.
163 Ridgewood - New York
- Extra "Local" trips via Hasbrouck Heights will depart Maywood
Passaic Street & Esplanade to New York at 9:30 a.m., 10:10 a.m. & 10:30 a.m.
- Extra trip will depart PABT to Ridgewood Terminal at 11:20 p.m.
166 Dumont - Tenafly - New York
- Extra "Turnpike Express"
"T" trips will depart Dumont (Madison & Washington Avenues) to New York at 9:03 a.m. & 9:43 a.m.
167 Harrington Park - New York
- Extra trips will depart Dumont (Madison & Washington Avenues) via Teaneck Road & Glenpointe to New York at 8:59 a.m., 9:59 a.m. & 10:59 a.m.
- Extra trips will depart Teaneck
Teaneck Armory via Teaneck Road & Glenpointe to New York at 10:40 a.m.
- Extra Teaneck Road (G) trips will depart PABT to Dumont-Chestnut Bend at 4:00 p.m., 5:08 p.m., 6:30 p.m., 7:30 p.m., 8:20 p.m., 8:50 p.m., 9:50 p.m., 10:50 p.m.& 11:55 p.m.
190 Paterson - Passaic - New York
- Extra trip will depart PABT to Paterson via Secaucus, Rutherford & Passaic at 11:20 p.m.
192 Clifton - New York
- Extra trips will depart Clifton-Allwood Park & Ride to New York operating via Lyndhurst at 8:50 a.m., 9:50 a.m. & 10:50 a.m.
- Extra trips will depart PABT at 4:00 p.m., 5:00 p.m. & 6:00 p.m. operating to Clifton via Lyndhurst-Rutherford-Route 3-Allwood Park/Ride (N) service.
197 Warwick - New York
- Extra trips will depart Pompton Lakes via Valley Road and Willowbrook to New York at 7:59 a.m. & 9:58 a.m.
- Extra trips departing Willowbrook Shoppers Stop to New York at 9:28 a.m. & 9:58 a.m.
- Extra trips will depart PABT at 6:20 p.m., 8:50 p.m. & 10:50 p.m. to Ringwood Park/Ride via Willowbrook Park & Ride.
For additional information, contact NJ TRANSIT customer service at 1-800-772-2222 or visit www.njtransit.com.
About NJ TRANSIT
NJ TRANSIT is the nation's largest statewide public transportation system providing nearly 857,000 weekday trips on 240 bus routes, three light rail lines and 11 commuter rail lines. It is the third largest transit system in the country with 162 rail stations, 60 light rail stations and more than 18,000 bus stops linking major points in New Jersey, New York and Philadelphia.