Home > NJ TRANSIT News > News Releases |
EXTRA BUSES TO OPERATE FOR ST. PATRICK'S DAY PARADE IN NYC
Additional NYC-bound service available 9:30 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.
March 13, 2006
Contact: Dan Stessel 973-491-7078
NEWARK, NJ - NJ TRANSIT will operate extra bus service to the Port Authority Bus Terminal (PABT) on Friday, March 17 to accommodate customers attending New York City's St. Patrick's Day Parade, which begins at 11 a.m. The extra PABT-bound service will be offered on selected routes between 9:30 a.m. and 10:45 a.m. Additional return trips will be offered throughout the afternoon, based on passenger demand.
Customers are encouraged to purchase round-trip tickets aboard NYC-bound buses. To expedite the boarding process on return trips, tickets may also be purchased at Port Authority Bus Terminal ticket windows 1-10 or at vending machines located throughout the terminal.
The following routes will offer additional service:
128 Boulevard East-New York
- Six extra trips departing from North Bergen-Nungessers to New York via Boulevard East between 9:55 a.m. and 10:45 a.m.
163 Ridgewood-New York
- Three extra 'local' trips departing from Maywood-Passaic Street & Esplanade to New York between 9:46 a.m. and 10:09 a.m.
- Extra Turnpike Express (T) trip departing from PABT to Ridgewood Terminal at 4:40 p.m.
166 Dumont - Tenafly-New York
- Extra Turnpike Express ' T trips departing from Englewood (Van Nostrand & Grand avenues) to New York at 9:47 a.m. and 10:05 a.m.
- Extra I-95 Express (X) trips departing from PABT at 5:35 p.m. and 6:25 p.m. to Cresskill.
- Extra 'local' trips via Boulevard East departing at 8:20 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.
167 Harrington Park-New York
- Extra trips departing from Teaneck-Teaneck Armory via Teaneck Road and Glenpointe to New York at 9:45 a.m., 10:00 a.m. and 10:20 a.m.
- Extra trip departing from Teaneck-Teaneck Road-State Street via Queen Anne Road & Glenpointe to New York at 10:16 a.m.
- Extra Armory Express (X) trips departing from PABT to Dumont-Chestnut Bend at 3:40 p.m., 4:25 p.m., 6:05 p.m., 7:05 p.m. and 7:25 p.m.
192 Clifton-New York
- Extra trip departing from Clifton-Allwood Park & Ride to New York operating via Nutley and Lyndhurst at 9:30 a.m.
- Extra trips departing from PABT at 2:40 p.m., 3:10 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. operating to Clifton via Clifton-Route 3 Express (X) service. A trip at 6:40 p.m. will operate to Clifton via the Lyndhurst-Nutley local route.
193 Willowbrook-New York
- Extra trips departing from Wayne-Route 23 Park & Ride via Willowbrook to New York at 9:26 a.m. and 9:45 a.m.
- Extra trip departing from PABT 4:20 p.m. to the Willowbrook Park & Ride
194 Newfoundland-New York
- Extra trip departing from PABT at 4:35 p.m. to Butler via the Wayne-Route 23 Park & Ride and Pequannock
320 North Bergen Park & Ride-New York
- Six extra trips departing from North Bergen Park & Ride to New York between 9:35 a.m. and 10:25 a.m.
- Extra trips departing from PABT at 2:10 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. to Mill Creek/Harmon Meadow via the North Bergen Park & Ride.
About NJ TRANSIT
NJ TRANSIT is the nation's largest statewide public transportation system providing more than 800,000 daily trips on 240 bus routes, three light rail lines and 11 commuter rail lines. It is the third largest transit system in the country with 162 rail stations, 55 light rail stations and more than 17,000 bus stops linking major points in New Jersey, New York and Philadelphia.