Home > NJ TRANSIT News > News Releases |
"EARLY GETAWAY" SERVICE SET FOR MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND
Kids (11 and under) ride free on NJ TRANSIT trains, buses and light rail from 7 p.m. Friday 5/27 until 6 a.m. Tuesday 5/31 with fare-paying adult
May 24, 2005
NEWARK, NJ – NJ TRANSIT will offer early getaway rail and bus service on Friday, May 27, for the benefit of customers leaving work early for the Memorial Day holiday.
Extra outbound trains will operate on the Northeast Corridor, North Jersey Coast Line, Morris & Essex and Raritan Valley lines, and extra buses will operate on select routes from the Port Authority Bus Terminal.
HOLIDAY SERVICE AT A GLANCE
| . || |
Friday, May 27
Early Getaway Service from New York Penn Station
Additional Buses on Select Routes from Port Authority Bus Terminal
Monday, May 30
Weekend/Major Holiday Schedule (No Service on Montclair-Boonton or Pascack Valley Lines)
Schedules Vary By Route. See Timetable or njtransit.com
Newark City Subway and River LINE on Sunday Schedule. HBLR on Weekend Schedule.
On Memorial Day, Monday, May 30, trains will operate on a weekend/major holiday schedule with no rail service on the Montclair-Boonton and Pascack Valley lines. The Newark City Subway and the River LINE will operate on a Sunday schedule, and Hudson-Bergen Light Rail will operate on a regular weekend schedule. Holiday bus schedules vary by route, and customers are advised to visit www.njtransit.com for schedule information.
"Early Getaway" service on Friday, May 27
- Train 8849 will depart New York Penn Station at 2:26 p.m., and stop at Secaucus Junction and Newark Penn Station. The train will operate express from Newark International Airport to Metropark, and arrive in Trenton at 3:51 p.m.
- Train 8853 will depart New York Penn Station at 3:25 p.m., and stop at Secaucus Junction and Newark Penn Station. The train will operate express from Newark International Airport to Metropark, and arrive in Trenton at 4:50 p.m.
North Jersey Coast Line
- Train 8301 will depart Newark Penn Station at 3:49 p.m., operate express to Woodbridge and make all stops to Long Branch (4:56 p.m.) and Bay Head (5:42 p.m.). Connecting service departs New York at 3:23 p.m.
Morris & Essex Line
- Train 8939 will depart New York Penn Station at 3:10 p.m. and make the following stops: Summit (3:42 p.m.), Chatham (3:49 p.m.), Madison (3:53 p.m.), Convent (3:57 p.m.), Morristown (4:01 p.m.), Morris Plains (4:05 p.m.) and Denville (4:13 p.m.).
Raritan Valley Line
- The westbound, 1:06 p.m. departure from Newark Penn Station will be extended to High Bridge with a 2:30 p.m. arrival. Connecting service departs New York at 12:37 p.m.
- Train 8529 will depart Newark Penn Station at 3:34 p.m., make all local stops except Finderne and arrive in Raritan at 4:33 p.m. Connecting service departs New York at 3:07 p.m.
- Combining trains 5711 and 5903, Train 8545 will depart Newark Penn Station at 6:29 p.m. The train will make all local stops except Finderne and arrive in High Bridge at 7:57 p.m. Connecting service departs New York at 5:57 p.m.
Take the kids and save with NJT’s Family Super Saver Fare
NJ TRANSIT’s Weekend Family Super Saver Fare, which allows up to two children 11 and younger to travel free with each fare-paying adult, will be in effect from 7 p.m. Friday, May 27 until 6 a.m. Tuesday, May 31.
NJ TRANSIT is the nation's largest statewide public transportation system providing more than 779,200 daily trips on 240 bus routes, three light rail lines and 11 commuter rail lines. It is the third largest transit system in the country with 162 rail stations, 52 light rail stations and more than 17,000 bus stops linking major points in New Jersey, New York and Philadelphia.