Home > NJ TRANSIT News > News Releases |
NJ TRANSIT ADDS BUS TRIPS TO MATCH CUSTOMER DEMAND
47 lines adjusted to improve service
August 26, 2004
NEWARK, NJ -- Beginning Saturday, September 4, 2004, NJ TRANSIT will improve service on 47 bus lines to address overcrowding and specific customer requests.
Additional trips will be added on the following 11 routes to address overcrowding:
· 25 Springfield Avenue
· 72 Paterson—Newark
· 94 Stuyvesant Avenue Crosstown
· 111 Jersey Gardens---New York (Weekday, Saturday & Sunday)
· 114 Bridgewater—New York (Weekday & Sunday)
· 139 Lakewood—New York
· 158 Fort Lee—Edgewater – New York (Saturday & Sunday)
· 163 Ridgewood—New York (Saturday)
· 190 Paterson—New York
· 509 Atlantic City—Somers Point—Ocean City
· 837 Long Branch—Asbury Park—Seaview Square Mall
The frequency of service will be adjusted on the following four routes to address overcrowding:
· 164 Midland Park—New York
· 167 Harrington Park—New York
· 178 Hackensack—New York
· 182 Hackensack—New York
Schedule adjustments on the following 15 routes will be made to improve reliability:
· 21 Main Street
· 194 Newfoundland—New York
· 145 Fair Lawn—New York
· 28 Newark—Montclair State
· 29 Bloomfield Avenue
· 107 Irvington—New York
· 197 Warwick—Wayne—New York
· 400 Sicklerville—Philadelphia
· 403 Turnersville—Lindenwold—Philadelphia
· 404 Cherry Hill Mall—Pennsauken—Philadelphia
· 405 Philadelphia—Merchantville—Cherry Hill Mall
· 406 Berlin—Marlton—Philadelphia
· 407 Philadelphia—Merchantville—Moorestown Mall
· 504 Bungalow Park—Ventnor Plaza
· 709 Bloomfield—Paramus
Trips will be extended or rerouted at customer request on eight routes:
· 70 Newark—Livingston Mall and 73 Newark—Orange—Livingston: All Florham Park trips will serve Peach Tree Hill Road complex in Livingston.
· 83 Journal Square—Hackensack: Selected trips will operate from Hackensack instead of Palisades Park.
· 129 Secaucus—New York: Trips will be extended to begin at the new Riverside complex.
· 408 Millville—Philadelphia: Three trips will be extended to Millville.
· 451 Echelon Mall—Camden: Route will be extended to PATCO’s Lindenwold station.
· 602 Trenton—Pennington: Midday trips will be extended to serve Educational Testing Services and the office park in Ewing.
· 818 New Brunswick—Old Bridge: Rerouted trips will operate via Stratford Apartments in Old Bridge.
Trip times will be added or adjusted on the following seven routes:
· 2 Secaucus—Journal Square: Trip times will be adjusted to meet shifts at the USPS bulk mail facility.
· 419 Burlington—Riverside—Philadelphia: Adjusted trip times to improve connections with the 413 in Burlington.
· 553 Upper Deerfield—Atlantic City: Adjusted trip times will meet work shifts at South Jersey Health System in Vineland.
· 600 Trenton—Plainsboro: Early-morning trips adjusted to improve connections at Princeton Junction.
· 604 East Trenton—Trenton Rail Station: PM service will be adjusted from the justice complex to the rail station to improve connections with River LINE.
· 803 Metropark Loop: Late-AM service will be added to match service level on other loops
· 966 Convent Station Employer Shuttle: One trip will be added to meet the needs of Campus Drive employees.
On the 1 Newark line, new service will be operated over Springfield and Stuyvesant avenues between western Irvington and Ivy Hill.
Also, NJ TRANSIT will assume full operation of the Hoboken—New York service, formerly operated by Academy and NJ TRANSIT.
To accommodate former Academy customers, more trips will be added to NJ TRANSIT’s existing 126 Hoboken—New York route.
Customers may obtain updated bus schedule information online at www.njtransit.com, or by calling 800-772-2222.
NJ TRANSIT is the nation’s largest statewide public transportation system providing more than 752,600 daily trips on 240 bus routes, three light rail lines and 11 commuter lines. It is the third largest transit system in the country with 162 rail stations, 49 light rail stations and more than 17,000 bus stops linking major points in New Jersey, New York and Philadelphia.