Home > Doing Business > Office of Business Development > Getting Certified |
The Business Development Outreach and Certification Unit seeks out, identifies, and encourages small, minority and women-owned businesses to apply for Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Certification. Outreach is conducted by attending expositions, trade fairs, hosting DBE Certification workshops and outreach events and participating in Chamber of Commerce meetings. This unit also evaluates and certifies prospective DBEs, maintains the NJ UCP DBE Business Directory, performs on-site visits to potential DBEs applying for certification, and tracks and measures annually the success of DBEs as they progress toward graduating from the DBE Program. The goal of the Outreach and Certification Unit is to increase the number of DBE Firms in the NJ UCP DBE Directory that are ready, willing and able to participate in contracting opportunities with NJ TRANSIT.
To apply for DBE Certification, please refer to the appropriate section below.
Certifications & Eligibility Requirements
|Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
||To be eligible for DBE Certification, a firm must:
- Be at least 51% owned by one or more socially or economically disadvantaged individuals. (A socially disadvantaged individual is a citizen or lawfully admitted permanent resident, who is a member of one of the following groups: Black American, Hispanic American, Native American, Asian- Pacific American, Subcontinent American, or Woman.)
- Be an independent business, and one or more of the socially disadvantaged owners must control its management and daily operations
- Be an existing "for- profit business"
- Have owners' whose Personal Net Worth does not exceed $1.32 million with regulatory exclusions (does not include your primary residence & ownership interest in the applying DBE firm)
If you are interested in applying for DBE Certification with NJ TRANSIT please click here.
|Small Business Enterprise (SBE)
- NJ TRANSIT monitors the New Jersey Small Business Enterprise (SBE) Program. If you are interested in becoming an SBE with the State of New Jersey please click here
Certification Forms, Annual & Renewal Checklists
The following forms are required for the Annual Update:
The following forms are required for the Renewal Process:
The following forms are required to apply for DBE Certification:
Please mail completed forms to:
NJ TRANSIT- Office of Business Development
One Penn Plaza East, 6th Floor
Newark, New Jersey 07105
Attention- Director of Certification