Home > NJ TRANSIT News > FYI >
Cold and Flu Season |
Cold and Flu Season
When riding NJ TRANSIT, please be considerate of others during cold and flu season. Here are some tips to help prevent the spread of germs:
- Use tissues - not your hands - to cover coughs and sneezes.
- Throw tissues away and wash your hands as soon as possible.
- If you don't have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your sleeve.
- Stay home if you are sick and stay away from others who are sick.
- Wash your hands frequently and use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Eat well, exercise and get plenty of rest.
Finally, consider getting the flu vaccine (check with your doctor first). For more information, visit www.nj.gov/flu.