Home > NJ TRANSIT News > FYI >
Help Prevent Theft of Mobile Devices |
Help Prevent Theft of Mobile Devices
Take good care of your electronic devices to avoid "Grab-and-Go" thefts. Many occur when a train is stopped and the doors are open. Follow these tips to ensure a safe commute:
- Keep cell phones or other electronic devices secure.
- Don't lend your device to strangers.
- Be discreet when making calls or listening to music to avoid attention.
- Keep a record of the device, including make, model and serial number.
- Password protect your devices.
- Download a tracking application that can locate your device if lost or stolen.
NJ TRANSIT maintains a lost & found inventory. To report a lost item, stop by a Customer Service Office or call (973) 275-5555. You can also go to www.njtransit.com and click on "Contact us" ---> "Lost & Found."