Home > NJ TRANSIT News > FYI >
Safe Travels! |
When riding our system or in any other public place, please be mindful of your surroundings and follow these tips from the NJ TRANSIT Police Department:
- Always keep a firm grip on your belongings.
- Keep your bags as close to you as possible. When using luggage racks, use the one above your seat and don't leave it unattended
- Carry your wallet in your coat or front trouser pocket.
- Keep a firm grip on your smart phone if you are using it; otherwise keep it out of sight.
- Keep your wallet, purse, jewelry and other valuables out of sight.
- Bumped in a crowded space? Check yourself right away to make sure you still have everything.
If you see something suspicious, please notify one of our frontline employees or a police officer if one is available, or call (888) TIPS-NJT. Thank you and have a safe trip!