Home > NJ TRANSIT News > FYI >
Here to Help |
Our list of customers making contact with us through social media is growing, and we're here to help. Our social media team is primarily on duty on weekdays from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. when the majority of our customers travel, but also during significant service disruptions or unusual occurrences.
Keep in mind we primarily use social media to proactively communicate information on NJ TRANSIT service updates, schedule changes, breaking news and promotional opportunities. We also monitor your feedback to identify trends that can be shared with the appropriate operations staff.
Occasionally, we can assist you on the spot via Twitter, but with more than 50,000 followers and growing, we simply can't respond to every tweet we receive. If your tweet requires more research and/or documentation, we will relay your message to Customer Service. For the quickest response, please include the following:
- What was the date and time of the situation you are reporting?
- Were you on a train, bus, light rail vehicle or Access Link vehicle?
- What rail line or bus route were you on?
- What was the train number (on timetable), and railcar or bus number (can be found both inside and outside of each)?
- Where did you board and where did you travel to?
- What was the employee's name or number (if applicable)?
- What are you reporting (in detail)?
- If you have specific issues that require a greater level of detail or further investigation, use our established customer service channels, such as the "Contact Us" form from the desktop or mobile version of www.njtransit.com, visit one of our Customer Service field offices, or call (973) 275-5555 daily from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Thanks for understanding and for riding NJ TRANSIT.