Home > NJ TRANSIT News > FYI >
Things to Remember When Traveling With a Bicycle |
Things to Remember When Traveling With a Bicycle
At NJ TRANSIT, we encourage the use of bicycles on our system. If you're planning to travel with your bike, here are some helpful things to remember.
- Collapsible bikes are permitted on all trains at all times.
- Standard-frame bicycles are available on many trains, but not all trains, particularly during rush hour when ridership is heaviest. Check schedules for further information.
- Bicycles are permitted at all times on buses with bike racks or with underfloor luggage compartments.
- Bicycles can be carried aboard River LINE trains at all times and Newark Light Rail and Hudson-Bergen Light Rail trains at select times. Check schedules for further information.
- If an NJ TRANSIT employee or contract employee considers the bicycle a safety hazard, the employee may not allow the bicycle onboard the vehicle.
- At rail stations, use stairways, ramps or elevators to gain access to station platforms with your bicycle. Do not use escalators and walk bicycles when passing through stations.
- As a reminder, hoverboards are not permitted on any trains, buses, or light rail or Access Link vehicles, or at NJ TRANSIT stations and outlying property.
Visit our website to learn more about traveling with a bicycle, including policies, restrictions and helpful tips. Go to www.njtransit.com and select Rider Tools/ Bike & Ride.