Home > NJ TRANSIT News > FYI >
Your Safety Matters |
Your Safety Matters
Next month is National Safety Month. However, we take safety seriously every day at NJ TRANSIT.
Whether you are commuting to work or traveling for pleasure on an NJ TRANSIT train, bus, or light rail or Access link vehicle, we want your trip to be a safe one. When using our services, please observe these safety tips:
- STAY ALERT! Trains or light rail vehicles can come from either direction at any time and can be very quiet.
- Always obey warning signs and signals and use caution when using headsets or cell phones near train tracks or stations.
- Only cross railroad tracks at designated crossings, such as overpasses, underpasses or grade crossings.
- Stand back from the curb when waiting for a bus and never chase a moving bus.
- Always stop, look, and listen before crossing the street at designated crosswalks.
- In the event of an emergency, notify a member of the train crew, a bus or light rail operator, or contact the NJ TRANSIT Police.
Please take a moment to review our rail, light rail and bus safety information on our safety page at www.njtransit.com/safety. Thank you for riding NJ TRANSIT and make it a safe trip!