Home > NJ TRANSIT News > FYI >
Safety Tips to Weather the Winter |
Safety Tips to Weather the Winter
NJ TRANSIT wants to make sure you have a safe travel experience this winter and beyond. You can accomplish this with some extra caution and these helpful winter travel tips:
- Check www.njtransit.com, listen to media reports and monitor weather conditions to determine if bus, rail, light rail or Access Link service is affected.
- Do not rush to your bus stop, light rail station or train station; arrive safe.
- Travel light during bad weather. It makes it easier to maneuver.
- When traveling with children, hold their hands when boarding or exiting trains or buses and be aware of their location at all times.
- During inclement weather, be aware some railcar center doors may not open to prevent potential malfunctions or delays.
- Be aware of slippery platform edges and curbs when boarding trains and buses.
- Use hand rails on trains and buses.
- Stand clear of NJ TRANSIT employees as they remove snow and ice.
- Use caution when walking and driving in parking lots.
Finally, map out alternative travel plans in advance of storms by using our trip planner at www.njtransit.com. Make your winter trip a safe and enjoyable one!