Home > NJ TRANSIT News > FYI
Stay Safe On Our System |
Stay Safe On Our System
Thanks for riding NJ TRANSIT. We're glad that you are on board. We also want your trip to be a safe one, so please observe the following safety tips when riding our system.
- Use caution when using headsets or cell phones at crosswalks, grade crossings, bus stops or train stations - "Heads Up, Phones Down."
- Stop, look and listen before crossing streets at designated crosswalks.
Rail/Light Rail Safety
- Be ALERT! Trains or light rail vehicles can approach from any direction at any time, on any track, and can be very quiet.
- Cross tracks at designated crossings, such as overpasses, underpasses or clearly-marked grade crossings.
- Stand away from the curb when waiting for a bus and never chase a moving bus.
- Never cross in front of a bus after exiting the vehicle; wait for the bus to pull away and cross at designated crosswalks.
Access Link Safety
- Customers must keep seat and shoulder belts properly fastened until their vehicle makes a complete stop.
- Customers with children must bring a child or booster seat appropriate for the child's age and weight.
- Observe all lights, gates, bells and other safety devices at grade crossings.
- Do NOT stop your vehicle on the tracks; wait for traffic ahead of you to clear, providing you with enough space to completely cross the tracks.
For further information and helpful tips to stay safe on our system, please visit our safety page at www.njtransit.com/safety. Thank you for riding and have a safe day!