Home > NJ TRANSIT News > FYI >
Your Holiday Flying Plans Can Include Us |
Flying out of town for the holidays? Take NJ TRANSIT to Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) Station and avoid the hassles of traffic and parking.
NJ TRANSIT trains connect with the EWR AirTrain system for service to all airport terminals. Before you catch your flight, here are a few travel tips when using our service to and from EWR:
- Check train schedules, fares and other helpful information at www.njtransit.com/ewr.
- Buy your rail ticket to/from Newark Airport Station from a Ticket Vending Machine, a ticket agent or on your mobile device at www.njtransit.com/mytix before boarding your train. We recommend purchasing roundtrip tickets to avoid lines or delays on your return trip.
- Take a designated Northeast Corridor (NEC) or North Jersey Coast Line (NJCL) train to the airport station. Before boarding, make sure "EWR" or a plane symbol is displayed on the departure board; not all trains stop at the airport station.
- Connecting service for NEC and NJCL trains is available at several stations, including Newark Penn Station, Secaucus Junction and Trenton Transit Center.
- Show your rail ticket to the conductor and hold on to it. You will need the ticket to pass through the faregates at the airport station.
Allow at least 15 minutes travel time for the connecting AirTrain ride between Newark Airport Station and your designated airport terminal. Enjoy your trip!