Home > NJ TRANSIT News > FYI
More Work Planned for Penn Station New York |
More Work Planned for Penn Station New York
The new year will bring in service changes for some of our rail customers. Amtrak track work at Penn Station New York (PSNY) will require some modifications to Northeast Corridor (NEC) and North Jersey Coast Line (NJCL) train schedules between January 8, 2018, and May 28, 2018.
The work primarily affects five weekday peak period trains each day:
- One evening peak period NJCL train from New York will be cancelled.
- One morning and one evening peak period NJCL train that normally operate to/from New York will operate to/from Hoboken.
- One morning and one evening peak period NEC train that normally operate to/from New York will terminate/originate at Newark Penn Station.
Customers are advised that some trains may experience crowding conditions. Other minor schedules adjustments will also be made so please check your timetable closely when it is available on www.njtransit.com or at Customer Service offices.
Here are some suggested travel tips:
- Customers may consider using nearby NJ TRANSIT, Suburban, Coach USA or Academy bus services, or NY Waterway or Seastreak ferry services.
- Check www.njtransit.com, our Twitter channel or news/traffic services before you begin your trip for possible service changes.
NJ TRANSIT thanks its customers for their patience as Amtrak upgrades its infrastructure in and around PSNY.