Home > NJ TRANSIT News > FYI >
Tips for Winter's Arrival |
Tips for Winter's Arrival
Stay Safe in Inclement Weather
Throughout the winter and beyond, NJ TRANSIT wants your travels to be safe and pleasant. As winter approaches, please be extra careful and observe these helpful travel tips:
- Check www.njtransit.com, listen to media reports and monitor weather conditions to determine if bus, rail, light rail or Access Link service is affected.
- Watch your step and be alert for icy conditions at transit stations and on platforms.
- Wear appropriate footwear to help prevent slips and falls.
- Allow yourself extra time when journeying through snow and ice.
- Don't rush to your bus stop, light rail station or train station; arrive safe!
- When traveling with children, hold their hands when boarding or exiting trains or buses and be aware of their location at all times.
- Stand clear of NJ TRANSIT employees as they remove snow and ice.
- Map out alternative travel plans if needed to help you get home safely. Use the www.njtransit.com trip planner to know your alternate routes.
- Keep your mobile devices charged to monitor for travel changes and call for help if needed.
To receive additional updates about our services, go to www.njtransit.com and sign up for My Transit alerts, follow us on Facebook or Twitter, or call (973) 275-5555.