Home > NJ TRANSIT News > FYI >
Prevent Mobile Device Theft |
Prevent Mobile Device Theft
Watch your electronic devices while riding our system to prevent ‘Grab and Go’ thefts. Most thefts occur while a train is stopped at the station with the doors open. Please follow these tips to ensure a safe commute:
- Keep cell phones or other electronic devices secure.
- Don’t lend your device to strangers.
- Be discrete when making calls or listening to music to avoid attention.
- Keep a record of the device, including make, model and serial number.
- Password protect your devices.
- Download a tracking application that can locate your device if stolen.
NJ TRANSIT maintains a lost & found inventory. To report a lost item, stop by a Customer Service Office or call (973) 275-5555. You can also go to www.njtransit.com and click on "Contact us" ---> "Lost & Found."