Home > NJ TRANSIT News > FYI >
Quiet Commute Hours Expand |
Now Available on the Atlantic City Rail Line!
NJ TRANSIT has streamlined its Quiet Commute program effective January 20, 2015, offering extended hours and first-time availability on the Atlantic City Rail Line.
Designated Quiet Commute cars are available on all trains on our commuter rail system, arriving at or departing from terminal stations on weekdays between 6 a.m. and 8 p.m. based on the following:
- Northeast Corridor, Raritan Valley, Morris & Essex and Montclair-Boonton lines to/from Newark Penn/New York Penn - First and last open cars on all trains.
- Morris & Essex, Montclair-Boonton, Main/Bergen County, Port Jervis and Pascack Valley lines to/from Hoboken - First open car traveling to Hoboken and last open car traveling from Hoboken.
- North Jersey Coast Line - First and last open cars on all trains except Bay Head shuttles, which will be the first open car at the front of the train.
- Atlantic City Rail Line - First open car traveling toward Philadelphia and last open car traveling to Atlantic City.
Quiet Commute cars offer customers a quiet atmosphere to relax or work in without distractions, with seating on a first-come, first-served basis. Quiet Commute riders should observe the following guidelines:
- Disable sound features on electronic devices.
- Refrain from cell phone use.
- Conduct conversations in subdued voices.
- Maintain low headphone volume to avoid distracting other passengers.
For more details on Quiet Commute, visit www.njtransit.com/quietcommute or call (973) 275-5555 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.
Allow at least 15 minutes travel time for the connecting AirTrain ride between Newark Airport Station and your designated airport terminal. Enjoy your trip!