Home > NJ TRANSIT News > FYI >
Include NJ TRANSIT in Your Holiday Flying Plans |
Include NJ TRANSIT in Your Holiday Flying Plans
Traveling out of town for the holidays? Take NJ TRANSIT to Newark Liberty International Airport Station and avoid the hassles of traffic and parking.
Many of our Northeast Corridor (NEC) and North Jersey Coast Line (NJCL) trains connect with the airport's AirTrain system for service to all airport terminals.
Before you catch your flight, here are a few travel tips when using our service to and from Newark Liberty International Airport:
- Check train schedules, fares and other information at https://www.njtransit.com.
- Buy your rail ticket to/from the airport from a Ticket Vending Machine, a ticket agent or via MyTix on your mobile device before boarding your train; purchase roundtrip tickets to avoid lines on your return trip.
- When taking an NEC or NJCL train to the airport station, make sure a plane symbol is displayed on the departure board for your train or ask a crewmember; not all NEC and NJCL trains stop at the airport.
- Connecting service for NEC and NJCL trains is available at several stations, including Newark Penn Station, Secaucus Junction and Trenton Transit Center.
- Show your rail ticket to the conductor and hold on to it. You will need the ticket to pass through the faregates at the airport station.
- Select early getaway NEC and NJCL trains will stop at the airport on 11/21 and 12/21.
Also, please allow at least 15 minutes travel time for the connecting AirTrain ride between the airport station and your designated airport terminal. Thank you for riding and enjoy your trip!