Home > NJ TRANSIT News > FYI >
Silence is Golden |
Silence is Golden
Many NJ TRANSIT rail customers enjoy the peace and quiet that our Quiet Commute cars offer…until someone breaks the silence. As a friendly reminder, please observe the rules of the Quiet Commute car if you happen to be sitting in one.
- Disable the sound feature on your electronic devices
- Maintain a low headphone volume to avoid distracting other passengers
- Refrain from cell phone use
- Conduct conversations in subdued voices
Designated Quiet Commute cars are available on a first-come, first-served basis on all trains arriving at or departing from terminal stations on weekdays between 6 a.m. and 8 p.m.
Trains to/from Newark Penn and New York Penn stations
- Northeast Corridor, Raritan Valley, Morris & Essex and Montclair-Boonton lines (first and last open cars on all trains).
- North Jersey Coast Line (first and last open cars on all trains except on Bay Head shuttles, which use the first open car at the front of the train.
Trains to/from Hoboken Terminal
- Morris & Essex, Montclair-Boonton, Main/ Bergen County, Port Jervis, Pascack Valley and North Jersey Coast lines (first open car traveling to Hoboken and last open car traveling from Hoboken).
Trains to/from Philadelphia
- Atlantic City Line (first open car traveling to Philadelphia and last open car traveling to Atlantic City).
For further information, visit www.njtransit.com and click on "Rider Tools" > "Quiet Commute."