Home > NJ TRANSIT News > FYI >
Stay Safe This Winter |
Stay Safe This Winter
We want your trip to be a safe one. Please be careful navigating our system this winter and observe these helpful travel tips:
- Allow yourself extra time when journeying through snow and ice.
- Watch your step and be alert for icy conditions at stations and on walkways and platforms.
- Wear appropriate footwear to help prevent slips and falls.
- Don't rush to your bus stop, light rail station or train station; arrive safe!
- When traveling with children, hold their hands when boarding or exiting trains or buses and be aware of their location at all times.
- Please stand clear of NJ TRANSIT employees as they remove snow and ice.
- Map out alternative travel plans if needed to help you get home safely. Use our website trip planner to know your alternate routes.
- Keep your mobile devices charged to monitor for travel changes and call for help if needed.
To receive additional updates about our services, go to www.njtransit.com and sign up for My Transit alerts, follow us on Facebook or Twitter, or call (973) 275-5555.