Home > NJ TRANSIT News > FYI >
Your Holiday Flying Plans Can Include Us |
Your Holiday Flying Plans Can Include Us
With the holidays fast approaching, remember that NJ TRANSIT can take you to Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) Station, helping you avoid the hassles of traffic and expense of parking. NJ TRANSIT trains connect with the EWR AirTrain system for service to all airport terminals.
Before you catch your flight, here are a few travel tips when using our service to the airport:
- Check train schedules, fares and other helpful information at www.njtransit.com/ewr.
- Buy your rail ticket to/ from Newark Liberty International Airport Station rom a Ticket Vending Machine, a ticket agent or on your mobile device at www.njtransit.com/mytix before boarding your train. We recommend purchasing roundtrip tickets to avoid lines or delays on your return trip.
- Take a designated Northeast Corridor (NEC) or North Jersey Coast Line (NJCL) train to the airport station. Before boarding, make sure a plane symbol for your train is displayed on the departure board or ask the conductor; not all trains stop at the airport station.
- Connecting service for NEC and NJCL trains is available at several stations, including Newark Penn Station, Secaucus Junction and Trenton Transit Center.
- Show your rail ticket to the conductor and hold on to it. You will need the ticket to pass through the faregates to board the AirTrain.
Finally, allow at least 15 minutes travel time for the connecting AirTrain ride between Newark Airport Station and your designated airport terminal. Enjoy the holidays!