Home > NJ TRANSIT News > FYI >
Rail Schedule Changes as PTC Project Advances |
Rail Schedule Changes as PTC Project Advances
NJ TRANSIT continues to accelerate the installation of Positive Train Control (PTC) on its rail fleet and right-of-way. To accommodate this safety upgrade, all service on the Atlantic City Rail Line (ACRL) will be temporarily suspended effective Wednesday, September 5, while midday one-seat ride service to New York on the Raritan Valley Line (RVL) will temporarily terminate/originate at Newark Penn Station, effective Monday, September 10. Both services are scheduled to resume in early 2019.
Throughout this time period, ACRL customers have alternate travel options and discounted fares to/from Philadelphia, while midday off-peak RVL customers will have connecting service to/from New York at Newark Penn Station.
ACRL customers will receive a 25 percent discount for all ACRL tickets/passes. These tickets/passes are cross-honored on:
- NJ TRANSIT express bus service at AC Bus Terminal, Absecon, Egg Harbor City and Lindenwold.
- The No. 340 shuttle bus at Cherry Hill, Pennsauken Transit Center and Walter Rand Transportation Center (WRTC) for connections to PATCO and No. 551 buses.
- The No. 554 bus for all stations between AC Bus Terminal and Lindenwold.
- The No. 551 express bus (with AC or Philly origin or destination).
- The No. 417 bus at 30th Street Station in Philly and Pennsauken, and the No. 555 bus at 30th Street Station in Philly and Avandale Park/Ride (tickets/passes must have Philly origin or destination).
- PATCO trains at Lindenwold, WRTC and 8th St./Market St. stations (tickets/passes must have Philly origin or destination).
- All NJ TRANSIT buses at WRTC serving Center City Philadelphia (must have Philly origin or destination).
- All River Line stations (tickets/passes must have Philly origin or destination).
- Discounted ACRL tickets/passes will be sold at all ACRL stations, AC Bus Terminal, PATCO 8th Street/Market Street Station and Greyhound Bus Terminal.
- Customers should retain their tickets or passes for use on all alternate services.
- There will be no service to/from AC Rail Terminal. Atlantic City customers should use No. 340, No. 551 and No. 554 bus services at Atlantic City Bus Terminal.
- Special AC jitney shuttles will serve the Atlantic City Bus and Rail terminals.
For more info, visit www.njtransit.com.