Home > Doing Business > Employer Programs |
NJ TRANSIT's Sales & Employer Services Division offers public and private sector employers innovative and cost-saving programs that address their transit needs and concerns. Our programs and services provide employers and employees an in-depth awareness of available commute options and access to safe, affordable and reliable transportation.
- BusinessPass: Save up to $500 a year using the NJ TRANSIT pass that offers pre-tax savings of up to $130 per month on your commuting costs. Offered through your employer, BusinessPass saves you more on monthly bus, rail and light rail passes by deducting a portion of the cost from your pre-tax salaries. Monthly passes are discounted up to 30% off of one-way tickets and are conveniently mailed to your worksite free of shipping and handling charges. For complimentary customer travel or employee work-related travel, Businesses can also purchase one-way bus, rail and light rail tickets in bulk through BusinessPass. For more information, contact us at (973) 491-7288 or by .
- Get A Job Get A Ride/Corporate Partners: Employers participating in BusinessPass are eligible to become Corporate Partners with NJ TRANSIT and participate in this free and worthwhile program. As Corporate Partners, employers submit an application for new hires to receive a free monthly pass, provided they meet the program's criteria. NJ TRANSIT is committed to helping eliminate transportation barriers to employment and asks New Jersey employers to work with us by hiring individuals that would otherwise continue to be unemployed. For more information, contact us at (973) 491-7288 or by .
- WorkPass: WorkPass offers qualifying social service and non-profit agencies the opportunity to purchase NJ TRANSIT monthly commuter passes and tickets. Agencies distribute the passes and tickets to program participants for use in their job-related activities. WorkPass eliminates cash payments and costly transportation reimbursements, enabling agencies to save on transportation costs while increasing the accountability and effectiveness of their programs. The versatile monthly pass offers participants access to safe, reliable and affordable transportation to job training, educational classes, employment opportunities, medical visits, childcare and shopping. To find out more about WorkPass, contact us at (973) 491-7288 or by .
- The Air Quality Partnership & OzonePass: Through the Air Quality Partnership, more than 500 hundred corporations, government agencies and other organizations are working to reduce ground-level ozone pollution and curtail its detrimental effects on our health and the environment. NJ TRANSIT supports their efforts by offering OzonePass, a special discounted round- trip ticket, to Air Quality Partnership members. Partnership employees use OzonePass to commute to work on NJ TRANSIT bus, rail or light rail services on designated "Air Quality Action days." For more information on OzonePass and the Air Quality Partnership, contact us at (973) 491-7288.
- Vanpool Sponsorship Program: Vanpools are voluntary ridesharing arrangements that allow commuters to share their ride to work as an affordable alternative to driving alone. They are especially useful for travel patterns and areas not well serviced by traditional public transit, or for office relocations and consolidations. NJ TRANSIT provides financial assistance of up to $175 per month to help vanpools offset their costs. For more information or assistance with the Vanpool Sponsorship Program contact your local Transportation Management Association at 1(800) 245-POOL.
- Relocation Services: Relocating, reorganizing or expanding? NJ TRANSIT can help! Through our special Relocation Services program, we have helped hundreds of companies and their employees make the move from one worksite to another. We'll even come to your worksite and educate your employees on how to use public transit to get to their new location. To find out more about our Relocation Services, contact us at (973) 491-7288 or by .
- Commuter Savings: For a list of Commuter tax-saving benefit packages, visit our partners' page and select the program that's right for you.