Full system wide cross-honoring in effect starting at 4 p.m. Monday, March 18, to give customers additional travel options
NJ TRANSIT will offer full system wide cross-honoring starting at 4 p.m. on Monday, March 18, and continuing through the end of the service day on Tuesday, March 19, enabling NJ TRANSIT customers to reach their final ticketed destination through an alternate travel mode—rail, light rail, as well as on both NJ TRANSIT bus and private bus carriers.
All customers are strongly advised to check njtransit.com before traveling for up-to-the-minute service information before starting their trip.
NJ TRANSIT is preparing to minimize disruptions and delays to the extent possible, particularly in light of the potential for icy conditions and heavy, wet snow which are both expected across portions of the Garden State. Locomotives will be strategically positioned across the rail system to rapidly respond in the event of a disabled train.
Additionally, the agency will closely monitor the crowds at New York Penn Station, Hoboken Terminal and the Port Authority Bus Terminal and make adjustments to service as necessary.
Customers are advised of the following:
- Systemwide: NJ TRANSIT plans to operate a regular weekday schedule Monday, March 18 and Tuesday, March 19. Depending on the impact of the storm, it may be necessary for NJ TRANSIT to modify service as conditions change.
- Bus Service: While every effort will be made to continue operating bus service throughout the state, customers may experience delays or detours on their routes in the event of extreme winter weather conditions. Customers are advised to plan accordingly and anticipate disruptions to bus service.
- For the latest travel information, visit njtransit.com or access our Twitter feed at @NJ_TRANSIT prior to starting your trip. In the event of delays or service adjustments, NJ TRANSIT will provide the most current service information via the My Transit alert system, which delivers travel advisories for your specific trip to your cell phone, PDA or pager. (If you are not yet a My Transit subscriber, we encourage you to sign up at www.njtransit.com/mytransit) Service information is also available by calling (973) 275-5555 or from broadcast traffic reports.
- Listen closely to public address announcements at stations for late-breaking service information.
- Build additional travel time into your trip to a station, terminal or bus stop.
- Stairs, flooring and platforms can be slippery, so please use caution when walking along wet surfaces or any outdoor surface exposed to the weather. Use extra care when boarding or exiting buses and trains.
- Report slippery or unsafe conditions to bus operators, train crews or NJ TRANSIT staff.
- If you park, ensure your car is stocked with a snowbrush and ice scraper so you can clear your car upon returning to the lot.