NJ TRANSIT is taking steps to minimize delays and ensure service reliability and safety during Winter Storm Saturn. All customers are strongly advised to check njtransit.com before traveling for up-to-the-minute service information before starting their trip.
To give customers additional travel options during the expected inclement weather conditions, NJ TRANSIT has extended full systemwide cross-honoring through the end of the service day Friday, March 8, enabling NJ TRANSIT customers to use their ticket or pass on an alternate travel mode—rail, bus or light rail, as well as private carrier buses.
For example, customers who normally take the bus from Rutherford to the Port Authority Bus Terminal may usetheir bus pass on the train from Rutherford to New York Penn Station. Additionally, customers who normally takethe bus between Atlantic City and Lindenwold may use the train instead.
Customers are advised of the following:
- Systemwide: NJ TRANSIT plans to operate a regular weekday schedule Friday, March 8. Depending on the impact of the storm, it may be necessary for NJ TRANSIT to modify service as conditions change.
- Bus Service: While every effort will be made to continue operating bus service throughout the state, customers may experience delays or detours on their routes in the event of extreme winter weather conditions. Customers are advised to plan accordingly and anticipate disruptions to bus service.
- For the latest travel information, visit njtransit.com or access our Twitter feed at @NJ_TRANSIT prior to starting your trip. In the event of delays or service adjustments, NJ TRANSIT will provide the most current service information via the My Transit alert system, which delivers travel advisories for your specific trip to your cell phone, PDA or pager. (If you are not yet a My Transit subscriber, we encourage you to sign up at www.njtransit.com/mytransit) Service information is also available by calling (973) 275-5555 or from broadcast traffic reports.
- Listen closely to public address announcements at stations for late-breaking service information.
- Buildadditional travel time into your trip to a station, terminal or bus stop.
- Stairs, flooring and platforms can be slippery, so please use caution when walkingalong wet surfaces or any outdoor surface exposed to the weather. Use extra care when boarding or exiting buses and trains.
- Report slippery or unsafe conditions to bus operators, train crews or NJ TRANSIT staff.
- If you park, ensure your car is stocked with a snow brush and ice scraper so you can clear your car upon returning to the lot.