PABT - GWB - Jersey City Waterfront Bus Services - Special Holiday Schedules in Effect November 21 to November 25, 2012
Thanksgiving Holiday Period
Most NJ TRANSIT bus services to and from New York City & the Jersey City Waterfront will operate on modified schedules during the Thanksgiving holiday period (November 21-25). Customers are encouraged to use our online Trip Planner at njtransit.com to determine schedule information.
Wednesday, November 21 and Friday, November 23:
- On Wednesday, November 21, most Port Authority Bus Terminal/George Washington Bridge/Jersey City Waterfront bus routes will operate on a special holiday schedule or regular weekday schedule.
- Early getaway service will be provided from Port Authority Bus Terminal (selected routes) & the Jersey City Waterfront (Routes 64 & 68 only) between noon and 4:30 p.m.
- On Friday, November 23, most Port Authority Bus Terminal/George Washington Bridge/Jersey City Waterfront bus routes will operate on a special holiday schedule or regular weekday schedule.
- Due to reduced ridership, select bus routes will offer fewer trips during the traditional AM and PM peak periods on these dates.
- Local bus service will operate on a weekday schedule with some additional service to area malls and shopping centers.
Thursday, November 22 (Thanksgiving Day):
- Most Port Authority Bus Terminal/George Washington Bridge bus routes will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- The following bus routes will operate extra bus service to/from New York for the parade: Bus Route Nos. 114, 137, 139, 158, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 190, 191, 192, 194, 197 & 320
- Inbound extra service between 8 a.m. and noon.
- Outbound extra service from noon to early evening.
- Customers should follow the regular Sunday schedule.
- Extra service will operate 3-5 minutes ahead of regular scheduled trips. Customers should arrive at their boarding location at least 10 minutes earlier than the departure time.
- Selected routes will not operate on Thanksgiving Day.
- Local bus service will operate on a Sunday schedule.
Saturday, November 24: Most Port Authority Bus Terminal/George Washington Bridge bus routes & local bus routes within New Jersey will operate on a regular Saturday schedule.
Sunday, November 25: Most Port Authority Bus Terminal/George Washington Bridge bus routes & local routes within New Jersey will operate on a regular Sunday schedule.
Schedules are available ONLY at njtransit.com. Customers who do not have Internet access may visit an NJ TRANSIT Customer Service office to obtain a printout of the schedule.
Travel Tips and Reminders
Check njtransit.com before starting your trip for service advisories or alerts that may affect your trip.
- Please allow extra travel time during the holiday period due to heavier than normal passenger demand and traffic congestion into and out of New York City. Heavy travel times are between 9 a.m. and noon (inbound) and between 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. (outbound).
- Travel during off-peak hours: inbound before 9 a.m. or after noon; outbound before 4 p.m.
- On full-service bus routes, remember that no bills over $20 are accepted. Exact change is always appreciated.
- Customers departing Port Authority Bus Terminal are reminded that tickets/passes are required before boarding the bus.
- Purchase round trip tickets in advance on-board your inbound trip or prior to leaving the terminal to speed your return trip.
- Customers traveling with large luggage or baby strollers should use undercarriage storage compartments on buses when available. Please ask your bus operator for assistance when using undercarriage storage compartments.