NJ TRANSIT customers traveling to Lower Manhattan now have the option of taking free ferry service from Jersey City to Lower Manhattan. This service includes FREE PARKING at Hudson Bergen Light Rail’s Liberty State Park Station’s park-and-ride, free shuttle bus service to/from the nearby ferry docks and free ferry service to/from Battery Park. The station is located at Communipaw Avenue and Johnston Avenue in Jersey City.
Ferry service (Statue Cruises) will operate until further notice. Hours of operations are:
- Weekdays – 6 a.m. to 10 a.m.; 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.; and 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
During the recovery period, NJ TRANSIT strongly advises customers to use ferry service.
Additional Customer Tips
- Customers utilizing NJ TRANSIT rail or regular NJ TRANSIT bus service are encouraged to consider traveling during off-peak periods to avoid crowds and potential delays.
- Delays, detours, crowding and other challenges can continue to be expected by customers during system restoration and recovery.
- For the latest travel information, customers should listen to broadcast traffic reports, visit njtransit.com, or access NJ TRANSIT’s Twitter feed at @NJ_TRANSIT or Facebook page.
- Additionally, NJ TRANSIT will provide the most current service information via the My Transit alert system (www.njtransit.com/mytransit), which delivers travel advisories for your specific trip to your cell phone, PDA or pager.
- Automated service information is also available by calling (973) 275-5555.