UPDATE: WORK POSTPONED - Main, Bergen County and Port Jervis Lines: Special Rail Schedule due to Bridge Maintenance Work - November 3-5, 2012
Work on the Main/Bergen County and Port Jervis Lines scheduled for the weekend of November 3-5 has been postponed.
Due to maintenance and repair work on the West Secaucus drawbridge (over which Main Line trains operate between Secaucus Junction and Kingsland), Main, Bergen County and Port Jervis Line service will be adjusted between 2 a.m. Saturday, November 3 until 4 a.m. Monday, November 5.
View special schedule for details here.
Please note the following:
Main Line customers traveling to/from stations between Glen Rock and Kingsland will be significantly affected.
- Rail shuttle service will operate approximately every two hours between Ridgewood and Kingsland. (NOTE: the last outbound shuttle train from Kingsland, with connections from the last trains from Hoboken and New York will make ALL stops to Suffern.)
- Connecting shuttle bus service will operate between Kingsland and Secaucus approximately every two hours.
- Customers traveling toward Waldwick, Suffern or Port Jervis will have connecting rail service available at Ridgewood.
- Customers using the Main Line rail/bus shuttle service will have their trip times extended by as much as one hour. In addition, there may be a significant wait (30 minutes or more) at Secaucus for connecting service to Hoboken and New York.
- Alternate service is strongly recommended. These include rail service at Bergen County Line stations or at the Bay Street Station on the Montclair-Boonton Line.
Bergen County Line
- Service will operate at least once an hour between Port Jervis/Suffern/Waldwick and Hoboken via the Bergen County Line. Some trains will make additional stops, and/or operate a few minutes later at certain stops, to maintain connecting schedules for customers traveling locally.
Port Jervis Line:
- Normal service (including express service in New Jersey) will operate. Some trains will make additional stops, and/or operate a few minutes later at certain stops, to maintain connecting schedules for customers traveling locally.
Hoboken and Secaucus
- One local train an hour will operate from Hoboken and Secaucus to Bergen County Line stations. Most trains will continue to Suffern, others to Waldwick or Port Jervis (Port Jervis express trains will operate normally).
- Customers traveling outbound to Ridgewood and beyond should remain on the train at Secaucus. Certain trains will depart Hoboken and Secaucus a few minutes later.
- Customers traveling from New York, Hoboken and Secaucus to Main Line stations between Kingsland and Glen Rock will transfer to shuttle buses at Secaucus. The buses will operate to Kingsland, where connecting rail service is available.
We apologize for any inconvenience. For information, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555.