Gladstone Branch: Special Schedule in Effect for Far Hills Steeplechase Buses replace some Gladstone Branch trains - Saturday, October 20, 2012
NJ TRANSIT will operate extra service Saturday, October 20, for customers traveling to the Steeplechase event at Far Hills. Please note that Alcoholic beverages are NOT permitted on any train to and from Far Hills.
Buses will replace certain Gladstone Branch trains to allow for additional service. Please refer to our special schedule available online at njtransit.com for bus departure times and boarding locations. While every effort will be made to match train and bus arrivals, connections cannot be guaranteed. Please allow additional travel time.
View special schedule and bus stop locations here.
The following Gladstone Branch trains will not operate on Saturday, October 20, 2012:
From Gladstone: From Summit:
Train 716 (8:52 a.m. from Gladstone) Train 729 (4:14 p.m. from Summit)
Train 718 (9:52 a.m. from Gladstone) Train 731 (5:14 p.m. from Summit)
Train 720 (10:52 a.m. from Gladstone) Train 733 (6:14 p.m. from Summit)
Train 722 (11:52 a.m. from Gladstone) Train 735 (7:14 p.m. from Summit)
Train 724 (12:52 p.m. from Gladstone) Train 737 (8:14 p.m. from Summit)
Train 740 (8:52 p.m. form Gladstone)
In addition, shuttle buses will replace all trains between Gladstone, Peapack and Far Hills stations. Shuttle buses will operate in a continuous loop serving all three stations.
Special Event Service from Hoboken to Far Hills
From Hoboken, a total of 12 additional trains will provide service to Far Hills, with departures at 8:05 a.m., 8:40 a.m., 9:09 a.m., 9:25 a.m., 10:00 a.m. (express), 10:05 a.m., 10:35 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 11:20 a.m., 12:25 p.m., 1:25 p.m., and 2:25 p.m.
Customers traveling from New York should transfer to Gladstone Branch trains at Summit Station.
After the Event
Trains will depart Far Hills Station every 15-20 minutes between 4:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. All post-event trains
will serve all local stops to Hoboken. Customers traveling to New York must change trains at Summit Station. (Midtown Direct service between Dover and New York will operate on a regular Saturday schedule.)
IMPORTANT TRAVEL TIPS
- Alcoholic beverages are NOT permitted on any train to and from Far Hills.
- Due to high ridership, customers are encouraged to purchase roundtrip tickets in advance to avoid lines. Customers purchasing one-way, return trip tickets from Far Hills Station will pay $20.
- Customers boarding at Far Hills on October 20 without a valid ticket or pass will be required to purchase a special ticket prior to boarding the train. The special ticket is valid until 11:59 p.m. on October 20 only for travel between Far Hills and anyNJ TRANSIT rail station.
- On October 20, ticket offices will be open special hours at the following stations:
- Hoboken - 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Summit - 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Berkeley Heights - 7 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Lyons - 7 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Bernardsville - 7 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Far Hills - 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Gladstone - 7 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Dover - 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Morristown - 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Maplewood - 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- South Orange - 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For information, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555.