Atlantic City Rail Line: Buses Replace Train Service between New Jersey and Philadelphia due to Pole Replacement Project - September 9 to November 15, 2012
NJ TRANSIT’s Atlantic City Line service will be replaced by buses (operated by Academy Bus) between Lindenwold and Cherry Hill and Philadelphia throughl Thursday, November 15 from approximately 9 p.m. to 4:30 a.m. Sunday through Thursday nights due to PATCO’s continuing pole replacement project. Regular rail service will operate on Friday and Saturday nights.
On Sunday nights (and early Monday mornings) ONLY:
- Buses will replace Trains 4688, 4692 and 4600 between Lindenwold, Cherry Hill and Philadelphia. Because the trains will operate only to Lindenwold, they will be renumbered 4488, 4492 and 4400 respectively.
- A substitute bus will depart Philadelphia at 9:21 p.m., stopping at Cherry Hill, then continuing to Lindenwold. It will connect with Train 4493 (the 10:24 p.m. departure). This bus-train combination replaces Train 4693 (9:52 p.m. from Philadelphia).
- A substitute bus will depart Philadelphia at 11:11 p.m., stopping at Cherry Hill, then continuing to Lindenwold, where it will connect with Train 4497 (12:14 a.m. departure). This bus-train combination replaces Train 4697 (11:42 from Philadelphia).
- A substitute bus will depart Philadelphia at 12:20 a.m. The bus will pick up and discharge passengers at Cherry Hill and Lindenwold, then discharge customers only as needed at remaining stops(Atco-Atlantic City). Customers willnot be allowed to board this bus at stations from Atco to Atlantic City.
Monday to Thursday nights (and early Tuesday-Friday mornings):
NOTE: The substitute bus and train schedules used Monday through Thursday nights will be the same as it was during recent outages for the same project earlier this year and March-November 2011.
- Train 4538 will be replaced by bus between Cherry Hill and Philadelphia.
- Trains 4442 and 4400 will be replaced by bus between Lindenwold, Cherry Hill and Philadelphia.
- Buses will depart Philadelphia, stop at Cherry Hill and continue to Lindenwold and connect with Trains 4443 and 4401.
IMPORTANT REMINDERS FOR PHILADELPHIA, CHERRY HILL AND LINDENWOLD CUSTOMERS:
- At Philadelphia’s 30th Street Station, buses will stop on the 29th Street side of the station building and will depart approximately 30 minutes earlier than the regular train schedules.
- At Cherry Hill Station, buses will stop next to the station platform. Buses continuing to Lindenwold will depart approximately 30 minutes earlier than the regular train schedules. Buses traveling to Philadelphia will depart Cherry Hill at regular train departure times.
- At Lindenwold Station, buses will stop in front of the station. Trains continuing to Atlantic City will depart 5 minutes earlier than the regular train schedules.
ACRL schedule is effective Sunday, September 9. View schedule here.
Please follow directions given by NJ TRANSIT, Academy Bus and (at 30th Street Station) Amtrak staff. Please allow extra travel time. Please listen closely to station and onboard announcements for additional information.
We apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any questions, please contact NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555.