REMINDER: Morris & Essex Lines: Rail Service to/from Macy’s Fireworks - Wednesday, July 4, 2012
Customers traveling to Hoboken to observe the Macy's fireworks display on Wednesday, July 4 should note the following:
- Please purchase round-trip tickets before boarding to avoid long lines. Customers may not board trains without a ticket. Customers are encouraged to arrive as early as possible, and to expect crowds after the fireworks are over. The busiest trains will be those immediately preceding and following the event.
- For schedule information, see below or visit njtransit.com and use the trip planner.
- Due to crowding conditions, bicycles may not be carried aboard NJ TRANSIT trains on July 4.
Additional trains will be provided as follows:
TO Hoboken before the event - Morris & Essex Lines
- Departing Summit at 5:29 p.m. and making all stops to Hoboken.
- Departing Dover at 5:50 p.m. and 6:50 p.m., making all stops to Hoboken except Mount Tabor.
- Departing Newark Broad Street at 8:29 p.m. (following Midtown Direct Train 6936 at Newark Broad Street) and operating to Hoboken.
FROM Hoboken following the event - Morris & Essex Lines
- Two Summit-bound trains will depart Hoboken at 10:05 p.m. and 12:25 a.m., making all stops to Summit, where connecting service to Gladstone and Dover will be available.
- Two Dover-bound trains will depart Hoboken at 10:40 p.m. and 11:30 p.m., making all stops to Dover except Mount Tabor. Customers can transfer at Summit for connecting service to Gladstone.
- To accommodate customers RETURNING FROM the fireworks, trains scheduled to depart Hoboken after 9 p.m. may be held past their scheduled departure time. Also, stops and/or trains may be added if ridership levels warrant.
View extra service schedule to/from Hoboken here.