REMINDER: Bus Route Nos. 88 & 88C: Schedule Changes Effective Monday, November 7, 2011
Effective Monday, November 7, NJ TRANSIT will make the following schedule changes:
Bus Route No. 88
- Selected DAILY trips on the No. 88 will be rerouted to serve Summit Avenue, Hoboken Road , Central Avenue and 5th Street between the Journal Square Transportation Center and JFK Boulevard and 5th Street/Secaucus Road in Jersey City.
- Trips operating along this new route will be known as the No. 88C – Central Avenue service.
New No. 88C - Central Avenue service will operate as follows:
- WEEKDAYS: Central Avenue trips will operate in each direction between 10 a.m. and 2:30 p.m., approximately every 60 minutes.
- SATURDAYS & SUNDAYS: Central Avenue trips will operate in each direction between 8:30 a.m. and 6:45 p.m., approximately every 90 minutes.
On both the public timetable and on the destination sign on the front of the bus, trips via Central Avenue will be noted as “88C” trips.
View schedule here.
- For No. 88 customers traveling to and from destinations along JFK Boulevard between Journal Square and 5th Street/Secaucus Road, alternate service is available along JFK Boulevard via the No. 2 and the No. 125 lines.
- For customers traveling between Journal Square, Summit Avenue, Hoboken Road and Central Avenue during the weekday AM peak, PM peak, PM evening hours and during weekends when the No. 88C does not operate, alternate service is available via the No. 87 (daily) or via the new No. 119 (weekdays peak hours only).
Please review a timetable for schedule information available at njtransit.com and onboard buses. For additional information, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555.