Newark Light Rail: Alternate Bus Service & Boarding Changes due to Partial Closure of Newark Light Rail for a Movie Production - November 3 & 4, 2011
On Thursday, November 3 and Friday, November 4, portions of Newark Light Rail will not operate due to a movie production. Alternate bus service will be available. The operating schedule is as follows:
- Newark Light Rail will operate both days between Grove Street and Orange Street stations.
- Newark Light Rail service will NOT operate both days between Orange Street and Newark Penn stations.
- Customers will transfer between bus and light rail service at Orange Street Station.
- Frequent bus service will operate both days between Orange Street and Newark Penn stations — making stops at Newark Light Rail stations ONLY — beginning at approximately 4:20 a.m. and ending at approximately 1 a.m. each day.
- Customers traveling TOWARD Orange Street/Grove Street stations will board buses in FRONT of Newark Penn Station.
View alternate bus service schedule between Newark Penn and Orange Street stations here.
Broad Street Extension
- There will be NO Newark Light Rail service both days between Newark Penn and Broad Street stations.
- Customers should use existing bus service both days during peak and off-peak periods between Newark Penn and Broad Street stations (Bus Nos. 72, 76 or 108).
- Supplemental bus service is also available both days during peak periods only, operating every 30 minutes.
- Departing Broad Street between 6:55 a.m. and 9:55 a.m.
- Departing Newark Penn Station between 7:10 a.m. and 10:10 a.m.
- Departing Broad Street between 2:55 p.m. and 6:55 p.m.
- Departing Newark Penn Station between 3:10 p.m. and 7:10 p.m.
- Customers traveling TO Broad Street Station, using the supplemental service, should board buses at the REAR of Bus Lane #1 at Newark Penn Station.
- Customers traveling FROM Broad Street Station, using the supplemental service to Newark Penn Station, should board buses at the corner of Lackawanna and University avenues (adjacent to Broad Street Station).
View peak-period substitute bus schedule between Newark Penn and Broad Street stations here.
Please allow for additional travel time. NJ TRANSIT employees will be available to assist customers at all Newark Light Rail Stations where bus service is available. Customers should purchase and validate Newark Light Rail tickets before boarding buses and light rail vehicles.