REMINDER: NJ TRANSIT to Operate New Bus Route No. 119 - Replaces Coach USA No. 99S - Effective November 7, 2011
Effective Monday, November 7th, NJ TRANSIT will start a new bus route - the No. 119 line - operating during weekday peak periods ONLY between Bayonne, Jersey City and Port Authority Bus Terminal (PABT). The No. 119 will replace Coach USA No. 99S.
- The New No. 119 line service will operate Weekdays peak-periods ONLY as follows:
- Inbound to New York between 5 a.m. to 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. every 20-60 minutes.
- Outbound to Bayonne between 6:20 a.m. to 9:20 a.m. and 3:20 p.m. to 10:10 p.m. every 20-60 minutes.
- No service will be provided during midday, after 10 p.m. on weekdays and all day on weekends.
- Service will operate via JFK Boulevard between West 3rd Street in Bayonne and Journal Square Transportation Center in Jersey City, then via Summit Avenue, Hoboken Road, Central Avenue, Congress Street, Paterson Plank Road in Jersey City, and then via the 14th Street Viaduct, Willow Avenue and Park Avenue in Hoboken to and from New York.
- Port Authority Bus Terminal - All service will depart from Gate 1/South Wing/Lower Level. Customers boarding at the PABT must purchase a ticket or have a monthly pass prior to boarding the bus. Cash fares will not be accepted.
- Journal Square Transportation Center - All service to New York will depart from Platform D-3.
- Between Journal Square and Bayonne - The No. 119 will only stop for New York passengers or local passengers traveling to destinations north of Journal Square. This route will not stop for local customers who travel along JFK Boulevard between Bayonne, lower Jersey City and Journal Square.
Alternate travel options available when No. 119 service does not operate:
- Coach USA Bus No. 10 from Bayonne via JFK Boulevard to Journal Square
- Transfer at Journal Square to PATH to 33rd Street Station or to NJ TRANSIT Bus No. 125 to the PABT
- Transfer at Journal Square to NJ TRANSIT Bus No. 88C to and from Central Avenue in Jersey City.
Fares on the No. 119 Line:
- NJ TRANSIT will not cross-honor 99S tickets.
Single trip ticket and one-way cash fares between New York and:
• Zone 4 - Bayonne - $5.50 Zone 3 - Jersey City - $4.25 Zone 2- Hoboken - $3.20
10-Trip Ticket (valid for 20 days from date of purchase)
• Zone 4 - Bayonne - $47.00 Zone 3 - Jersey City - $39.00 Zone 2- Hoboken - $27.00
Monthly Pass (November passes on sale from October 19th thru November 5th)
• Zone 4 - Bayonne - $153.00 Zone 3 - Jersey City - $136.00 Zone 2- Hoboken - $98.00
Tickets can be purchased at PABT Ticket Vending Machines (TVMs) or at NJT ticket windows #1-10.
View schedule here. View Route Map here.